possible issues with Anthem and Bermuda?

Of course you don't have links. This is going to be my last post on CC for a while as clearly there is no place here for people who have facts as opposed to those who like to say "I heard" or even worse communicate their opinions as if they are facts. But first to finish up here...I had a private dinner with Mr Fain in November on the Quantum and we talked about why the Quantum was going to China. And it was most definitely not because of Bermuda. In fact, he promised at that time that Anthem would be picking up Explorer/Liberty summer ports in 2016. Second here is a quote (typos and all) from a Deployment VP at Royal Caribbean received within the last hour regarding this ridiculous thread.

"there is no truth to this perception as it relates to King Wharf. The Anthem is completely cleared to arrive at King's Wharf without complications on both the 9-night and 5-night itineraries.

St. George is a completely different topic and it is possible that the dredging comments on the Bermuda sight reflect that situation. Not an issue for us as we only stop in King's Wharf."

You guys are losing a great resource here...but I'm pretty sure no one cares.

Okay...? Well maybe if you had told us all about your conversation with Mr. Fain, instead of just coming on here and telling us that we're all wrong, you're information may have been better received. Ever think of that?

Clearly, people just didn't make up the info about Anthem not being able to call in Kings Wharf. It was listed on the Bermuda website that someone posted earlier.

No one was even talking about St. Georges, until you came on here and talked about it! Even though that response says that Anthem is clear, it doesn't mean that dredging still doesn't have to be done. Do you think Bermuda just decided to make up the whole thing about the need for dredging to be done??? I'm sure RCI and Bermuda have entered into a deal that the channel will be dredged, and that is why Anthem is clear.

And c'mon... "this is my last post" ??? Get over yourself.

Oh, and here's the link you claim that I don't have... http://www.channelstudy.info Under "What is Proposed", you can click on "read more" and find all sorts of info, like how they want to dredge to accommodate "the new generation of cruise ships, such as the Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines' Quantum class".

I'm not saying you made up your info or something like that, but there is clearly some issue with the channel. And coming on here telling us that we're all wrong and acting like you know everything is not going to get you anywhere...

Oh look! Here's another one: http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20141210/NEWS/141219983

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

...This is going to be my last post on CC for a while...

First, thank you for shedding some light on this subject. I honestly do value that, but I wish you would keep your egotistical, arrogant, obnoxious approach to getting those things onto these boards out of your posts.

You do contribute valuable information. I think everyone would agree that they would love to see more from you.

However, it would be nice if could dis-lodge whatever fist is stuck up your @$$ and realize that with your attitude, we would all be much happier if you were gone.

[emoji30]

Oh, and here's the link you claim that I don't have... http://www.channelstudy.info

Thank you! The link effectively refutes the OP which suggested that Bermuda might be balking at accommodating the Anthem. Which would have been a huge problem upsetting a whole bunch of people if it were true. Bermuda has known of RCCL's intention to replace Explorer with Quantum class since 2012. Unsupported conjecture that there are now problems that would affect thousands of people deserves to be refuted. Just by someone else in the future.

Just by someone else in the future.

Are you expecting someone to stop you? I looked at some of your threads and you really post some very rude replies. You said you were not going to post again-- lasted mere hours. Good information is always welcome. But the nastiness is not.

Thank you! The link effectively refutes the OP which suggested that Bermuda might be balking at accommodating the Anthem. Which would have been a huge problem upsetting a whole bunch of people if it were true. Bermuda has known of RCCL's intention to replace Explorer with Quantum class since 2012. Unsupported conjecture that there are now problems that would affect thousands of people deserves to be refuted. Just by someone else in the future.

Alright, maybe the original post is a little ridiculous, but there is definitely an issue with the channel and I'm not so sure whether it has been completed or not. I have no doubt that it will be completed before Anthem arrives though.

Just to clear things up, many of us were just stating the fact that Bermuda needed to dredge before Anthem and you just came on here telling us that we were all wrong (with very arrogant posts...) Yes, the claim that Bermuda is not going to dredge for Anthem is definitely false (both you and I agree on that!), but that doesn't mean that there is not work to be done.

And just an FYI, your first couple posts on this thread had no factual information. They could've easily been you're opinion and they came across in a very egotistical, rude way. That's probably why so many people just didn't bother listening to you. Maybe if you had provided information as to why you thought such things in your first post and spoke with a little more kindness, your information would've been better received.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

If my highlighted area in red means you are moving on not to come back as you claimed earlier that's unfortunate, espically if you are a wealth of knowledge.

Straight facts are always great to have, but when you return to CC I suggest that you give them all at once. Dragging them out over multiple posts and days apart don't help in driving your point home. If I had a private dinner with Fain that's how I would have started the discussion about the dredging. It would have given more validity right from the start. After the fact it comes across as either bragging or could be seen as fabricated or fictional.

Of course you don't have links. This is going to be my last post on CC for a while as clearly there is no place here for people who have facts as opposed to those who like to say "I heard" or even worse communicate their opinions as if they are facts. But first to finish up here...I had a private dinner with Mr Fain in November on the Quantum and we talked about why the Quantum was going to China. And it was most definitely not because of Bermuda. In fact, he promised at that time that Anthem would be picking up Explorer/Liberty summer ports in 2016. Second here is a quote (typos and all) from a Deployment VP at Royal Caribbean received within the last hour regarding this ridiculous thread.

"there is no truth to this perception as it relates to King Wharf. The Anthem is completely cleared to arrive at King's Wharf without complications on both the 9-night and 5-night itineraries.

St. George is a completely different topic and it is possible that the dredging comments on the Bermuda sight reflect that situation. Not an issue for us as we only stop in King's Wharf."

I guess" Richie" didn't realizes that RCL was the only stakeholder that's flipping the Bill for dredging the North Channel ???

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20150812/NEWS/150819890

• 3 weeks later...

It's my understanding that some of the issue isn't around her draft as much as her turning radius. I'm pretty sure that I saw something to that affect. But I'm also not sure that there is any issue raised or if this is a non-issue. I haven't seen anything in writing that says that there are real issues, only concerns and speculation from my self and others.

It's my understanding that some of the issue isn't around her draft as much as her turning radius. I'm pretty sure that I saw something to that affect. But I'm also not sure that there is any issue raised or if this is a non-issue. I haven't seen anything in writing that says that there are real issues, only concerns and speculation from my self and others.

Well, one thing else, she acts like a giant sail when the wind blows - and, that point has a few nav hazards lurking just under the waves too. Probably what you said and more too.

Well, one thing else, she acts like a giant sail when the wind blows - and, that point has a few nav hazards lurking just under the waves too. Probably what you said and more too.

I've heard that too! I wonder why she would be any different in the wind than Oasis class.

That doesn't bode well in really windy conditions at sea!

I've heard that too! I wonder why she would be any different in the wind than Oasis class.

That doesn't bode well in really windy conditions at sea!

The exact explanation of the above is here....

Scroll to 17:50 of the following video and watch to about 18:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDUMI4KAej4

The exact explanation of the above is here....

Scroll to 17:50 of the following video and watch to about 18:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDUMI4KAej4

Very well put, and I clearly remember this being a problem for most of the naval ships I served on during my time in....wind is the worst thing pulling in anywhere....makes the pilot a bit edgy too, because once he comes onboard, getting the ship to the pier safely is all on him.

Far as this dredging issue goes - not true with King's Wharf - so I know we'll be ok on our June 16th cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
According to Royal Gazette on 10/22/15, Bermuda's newspaper dredging will be starting or has started, and will be a 24-7 operation. Scheduled to be completed before 2016.

News Article:
[URL]http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20151021/NEWS/151029914[/URL]