TA referral to cruise coordinator?

TardisDance

I have an upcoming cruise on 10/4 on the BA. My TA sent an email with cruise tips and mentioned that there would be a "special" member benefit for a future cruise if I provide their office name and phone number to the onboard cruise coordinator.

Has anyone ever had a TA ask a referral? They didn't indicate what the benefit will be if I do this. Is there some sort of comments box I can that provide their info, and it will make to the cruise coordinator? I really don't want to bother him/her in person with this sort of thing.

I have an upcoming cruise on 10/4 on the BA. My TA sent an email with cruise tips and mentioned that there would be a "special" member benefit for a future cruise if I provide their office name and phone number to the onboard cruise coordinator.

Has anyone ever had a TA ask a referral? They didn't indicate what the benefit will be if I do this. Is there some sort of comments box I can that provide their info, and it will make to the cruise coordinator? I really don't want to bother him/her in person with this sort of thing.

*LOVE* your user name!

-pj

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Never... Is this the TA you normally use and did use for that cruise.

Normally if you book with the cruise consultant your TA on file would get the booking and thus the commission (unless you specifically say I am not using them)...

Normally if you book with the cruise consultant your TA on file would get the booking and thus the commission (unless you specifically say I am not using them)...

There is no such thing as "normally" as NCL only started taking onboard bookings very recently unlike many other cruise lines that have done that for ages.

From a recent thread here it seems that NCL's procedure is the same as on Celebrity - when you have booked the cruise you're on through a TA, your onboard booking will also be automatically assigned to that TA unless specifically requested otherwise - just like you stated.

To OP: You can read about onboard booking benefit from NCL: http://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

Getting the perk does not require you to mention your TA's name but you do need to book your next cruise while still onboard.

Edited by Demonyte

When I booked a cruise through a TA recently, she reminded me about adding their name to any future booking made with the CruiseNext program. She reminded me that I would get any perks the TA was offering at the time of the booking in addition to anything NCL offered.

With the CruiseNext Program, you are essentially getting perks for buying future deposits or even making a booking onboard your current cruise. You have the option of supplying your TAs name if you want them to control your booking. NCL will forward them info about the booking and they then get the commission and handle the booking. That is what your TA is probably referring to. You don't have to add their name to any booking you make with CruiseNext, but it might be advantageous to do so if it gets you extra OBC, etc.

The TA just wants credit for any booking that you make on board, along with the commission that goes with it for doing nothing.