Cruise Birthday Gift Ideas

tmee

So I am looking for a birthday gift ideas for my friend. We are going on a birthday cruise together, but her birthdate is before the cruise so was trying to think of something to get her that would be related to the trip...

Somethings I have done on previous occassions as gifts are: scarves, onboard credit, prepaid gratiuites, monogrammed luggage tags, shore excusions, cruise survival bag :)

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas....? It is Carribean cruise...port intensive. I thought about maybe getting her a dinner at a specialty restaurant? or a day in the thermal suite? I was also thinking about something tangable she can hold in her hand... but i don't know what :)? Is there something unique to Celebrity?

tmee

We just returned from a cruise on the Reflection and celebrated my husbands birthday onboard. I purchased a behind the scenes tour for him that included a tour of the bridge, engine control room, backstage theatre, galley, provisions area, etc. At the end of the tour there is a lunch included at a speciality restaurant with officers. I joined him on the tour and found it fascinating. It takes approximately 4-5 hours and is held on the last sea day. Very small group, 14 of us. Cost was $150pp

Ah you are right... it is not in the Solstice Class .... so no alcoves...:(

The behind the scenes tour sounds interesting...

Are there other activities like that...? She loves travel and cooking...

tmee

OT- I can't believe I misspelled tangible.....:)

Edited by tmee
yet another spelling error...sigh

Ah you are right... it is not in the Solstice Class .... so no alcoves...:(

The behind the scenes tour sounds interesting...

Are there other activities like that...? She loves travel and cooking...

tmee

OT- I can't believe I misspelled tangible.....:)

Checkout the excursions.... some ports offer cooking class type excursions that might fit the bill.

I also love cooking and sampling foods of different cultures. Always seek out shore excursions that incluce food and wine. I also always appreciate a day at the spa with massage, pedicure, manicure. A lot depends on ship you are sailing and ports you will be visiting. A day at a resort in port also might be something to consider. Not a guy, but these things would make my day.

My best birthday surprise ever was a helicopter trip.....

alternatives that spring to mind are cameras, binoculars pre cruise or booking the chefs table when you board although I know this sometimes is not available.

Photograph package?

Cabin upgrade? This was done by a family group on one of our recent cruises for an anniversary couple and was well appreciated.

Thank you very much for the suggestions!

I have been casually mentioning ideas to her to see how she reacts :) the cooking and special dining seem to have created the most interest!

When does one know if the chef's table is available?

I do want to be able to give her something she can hold in her hand however... so she can open an object :)

tmee

Thank you very much for the suggestions!...

I do want to be able to give her something she can hold in her hand however... so she can open an object :)

tmee

Check out the Gifts by Celebrity section of their website. There is a selection of items that can be delivered to your home rather than onboard. One of those items might do the trick. The cookbook is one of the items that can be delivered to you home....

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I want to thank you again for all of the suggestions. On her actual birthday I ended up giving her a "Murano glass inspired" keepsake box (the tangible item) and inside of it was an invitation to dine in Normandie along with a menu. (I think only I got the pun :D)

I wish I had taken a picture of it, it came out very nice. :)

I am still working on some onboard things(based on your suggestions) but she may be reading...;)

tmee

Hey guys I want to thank you again for all of the suggestions. On her actual birthday I gave her a "Murano glass inspired" keepsake box (the tangible item) and inside of it was an invitation to dine in Normandie along with a menu. (I think only I got the pun :D)

I wish I had taken a picture of it, it came out very nice. :)

I am still working on some onboard things(based on your suggestions) ...;)

tmee