On board Regal Princess - New England /canada

LauraS

The captain just shared that we will be missing our call at Bar Harbor tomorrow due to weather.

Instead we will arrive @Boston tomorrow at3:30pm and will overnight there leaving at 3:30pm on Thursday.

I'd be disappointed. Bar Harbor is one of my favorites. Very tranquil. Oh well, better than bucking a storm. That's a tender port, as I recall.

I absolutely love the Canada/NE itinerary.

So, who is the piano man in Crooners? I board the Regal on 10/24.

Maureen

The captain just shared that we will be missing our call at Bar Harbor tomorrow due to weather.

Instead we will arrive @Boston tomorrow at3:30pm and will overnight there leaving at 3:30pm on Thursday.

We board on Saturday. Can you tell me how the seas have been? Has it been rough?

Does look like the east coast is in for a bit of nasty weather. Too bad you are not stopping in Bar Harbor. This is one of our favorite ports on this itinerary - but you get the evening in Boston which will be nice if the weather holds.

Safe travels.

• Administrators

Yes the weather is rainy and blustery on the way down from Saint John. Too dangerous to tender. We just arrived in Boston and are waiting our turn to meet with immigration officials (why dont i remember this from my last Canada/NE cruise??).

EFBB0FFE-7272-4C30-ADCE-E7BD6449BF73_zpstrrg6dzu.jpg

A helping hand into our berth. Great view from our balcony

04514279-C7BC-4640-8B5D-BD9D546F3286_zps2cu49i5b.jpg

Lots of activities on board fir this extra time at sea including line dancing!

Did you go Northbound last time? Then NYC would have been your port of entry. Southbound, Boston is first US stop after Canada.

Yes the weather is rainy and blustery on the way down from Saint John. Too dangerous to tender. We just arrived in Boston and are waiting our turn to meet with immigration officials (why dont i remember this from my last Canada/NE cruise??).

• Administrators
Did you go Northbound last time? Then NYC would have been your port of entry. Southbound, Boston is first US stop after Canada.

Nope same exact itinerary last time!

• Administrators

Very windy chilly day in Boston. Took some pics around the ship outside. Now i realize i somehow switched to black and white --but I am posting them anyway!

4D709341-5A55-4B71-A4F2-786B1ABA4AE2_zpsyr45zcb4.jpg

Liberty of the Seas

39A59B39-5206-4A12-8318-16053750ED8B_zpswcebt4xz.jpg

26043F9D-6321-4E01-8FFC-3584DF66625E_zps9gmgzc4r.jpg

Terrace Pool

CE80142A-DF3C-4AB9-BA50-6FD6AE431BAD_zps2hmmz4on.jpg

4D2D1064-616C-4097-8727-140C2E138607_zpsahxmigpf.jpg

F7B25062-3965-4DD8-B105-40C856E32D24_zpsbdibfhcr.jpg

Some sports stuff

• Administrators

3A30A532-1654-4477-9D79-5F775F758600_zpsvsbniawl.jpg

B482C689-BE12-4036-B76A-4A3CE158E693_zpsydrgrtop.jpg

B7C696CE-1C08-481F-8BA2-2C1ACBBD4EF3_zps7bu8mdfq.jpg

Hot tub area requiring keypad access.

BBD17CEE-FE55-4BC0-A25D-0B51691D25C3_zpsgtldnpfk.jpg

FA16C060-37E2-4F28-B280-0C0575B99420_zpscypt54ez.jpg

Finally figured out how to fix the color

Tonight Crown Grill!

Does look like the east coast is in for a bit of nasty weather. Too bad you are not stopping in Bar Harbor. This is one of our favorite ports on this itinerary - but you get the evening in Boston which will be nice if the weather holds.

Safe travels.

Too bad they couldn't substitute Portland for Bar Harbor when tendering is impossible....

hi to everyone who crossed the atlantic on the regal, I live here in newfoundland Canada and was in st john's when you docked , I have sailed on princess may times the last two cruises on the royal and going on the royal again on oct 21 , I was wondering what you guys thought of nfld and your visit here and does anyone have pics thanks

I was on that cruise and thoroghly enjoyed our visit to St. John's. The welcome was first class with the music playing, the Newfoundland and the chocolate Labrador greeting us as well as the women who came on board to the Piazza who distributed maps and provided excellent information to make our day the best. Someone on our roll call told us about Rocket Bakery and Cafe and that since we would be there on a Tuesday to go and enjoy the local musicians who stop by to play traditional music. We did just that and had the best time! The send off was incredible with the ships in the harbor playing a 'symphony' with their horns for 13 minutes! And then the sailaway seeing all of the waving people lining the roads and Signal Hill where a musket salute was heard as we sailed out of the harbor. Definitely a memorable day and we thank the Newfoundland people for a warm and wonderful welcome.

Thanks for sharing, love the New England cruise, makes me want to go again! St. John's is absolutely awesome, people are so welcoming, Signal Hill. I did a walk along the path by Signal Hill, it was a little strenuous but so worth it.

I'm on the Regal for a TA April 2016, haven't sailed Regal or Royal yet so I'm enjoying your post! Can't wait for my cruise! :)

Edited by susancruzs