There's nothing like...

cruisequeen4ever

The whole delightful experience (yes, delightful) of standing in line, peeking at the ship, getting our cruise card, and boarding - then seeing the crew with their smiles and greetings. That whole experience never gets old - the anticipation of the next days being catered to is marvelous.

I get so excited when the countdown clock hits double digits and I am actually giddy when it hits single digits. What a joy!

Although this morning they just opened up the shore excursions for view. I wanted to call into work so I could stay home and read and play with them all. Instead I told my husband we will have a date night dinner this weekend and review them together. So much fun!!

I always get a feeling of excitement and anticipation as I walk down the corridor to our cabin, kind of like coming home. Also, coffee on the balcony in the quiet of the morning with the sea as my view.

Going to bed the first night and being rocked to sleep! Then, waking up realizing that you're on a cruise!

When I get to drive to the dock and I turn the bend on the freeway and see the ship for the first time, as it gets closer and closer and bigger and bigger......Gives me goosebumps!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Getting "dinged" on to the ship. Hey, they still make that great sound right?

Harry

They use hand held devices to scan your cruise card now. I don't recall the new devices making a "ding"... But I do know the sound you are talking about.

Edited by Shelly97060

Getting "dinging"on to the ship ???

Tony

You know, that cool sound that was made when you inserted your cruise card upon boarding.:D (As opposed to that nasty sound when it didn't like your card.:eek:) When you heard that magic sound, you knew you were cruising!

Harry

Edited by traveling1969

The hand held scanners that are used now still 'ding'. Not sure why people say there is no ding anymore. They have done on every single one of my cruises since they started using them.

The ding is not the same as the bong. :)