Stroller width

Red Lodge

A few bottles with kids, a whole bunch without, but it will all be found upon boarding!! We have only cruised with Princess (Sun and Coral) in full, large beautiful suites several times. The last was this past June when I took the whole family, so we had several mini suites also. We used our big stroller, somewhat as pictured above. But it is big, bulky and heavy. The umbrella stroller folds almost flat and is very light so we wanted to give it a try. Will be on Eurodam next week, Neptune suite, and Zuiderdam in May (Baltics, Norway..) also Neptune suite. Hope we are as pleased with HAL and the suites as we have always been with Princess. We chose these ships for the itineraries. Thanks for all responses.

HAL puts together wonderful itineraries, and the Neptune suites are lovely. They aren't two-room suites, which I suspect you had on Princess. They're larger than a Princess mini-suite, but don't have a way to separate the sleeping area from the sitting area. You also have access to the Neptune Lounge and the concierge there. Plus you get to have breakfast in a quiet dining room instead of the main dining room if you don't want to go to the Lido.

Have a great time!

Maybe things have changed since you were on last Sail? I think it has been a while?

On our Westerdam cruise in April, all of the room service was by carts and the carts were always in the hall. For 20 days.

On our Prinsendam cruise a few months earlier, it was the same thing.

I don't recall seeing carts on our Maasdam cruise, but my memory is short. Without question, in the last year, I can say for certainty that carts were used.

I have always seen the laundry "carts" (whatever the right term is) with all the lovely laundry and dry cleaning for delivery to the cabins.

HAL puts together wonderful itineraries, and the Neptune suites are lovely. They aren't two-room suites, which I suspect you had on Princess. They're larger than a Princess mini-suite, but don't have a way to separate the sleeping area from the sitting area. You also have access to the Neptune Lounge and the concierge there. Plus you get to have breakfast in a quiet dining room instead of the main dining room if you don't want to go to the Lido.

Have a great time!

I don't recall princess full suites being two rooms either, at least it wasn't on the sapphire princess.

Room Service breakfast in Neptune Suites on Maasdam used to be outstanding. It arrived on a cart which was set with white cloth, stemware glasses for ice water and juice, lovely Rosenthal china, small vase of flowers. The side of the rectangular shaped cart would lift to make a round table which was wonderful for breakfast or certainly for dinner as well. Those were the days Firmin van Walle was Hotel Manager (title at that time) and he arranged for those carts to be used.

Our first suite on Sun Princess was aft with huge balcony. The bedroom was "around the corner" from living room. Loved it. Our Coral suites have always had full drape that separates living/bedroom. Great for sleepers' privacy when early morning coffee/breakfast or late-night snacks are delivered.

Our first suite on Sun Princess was aft with huge balcony. The bedroom was "around the corner" from living room. Loved it. Our Coral suites have always had full drape that separates living/bedroom. Great for sleepers' privacy when early morning coffee/breakfast or late-night snacks are delivered.

Prinsendam Neptune Suites have a similar set up, fully curtained area to allow for someone to sleep while the other is up and about. Really enjoy that.

sorry for the thread drift OP, probably we should get back to the stroller issue?

Room Service breakfast in Neptune Suites on Maasdam used to be outstanding. It arrived on a cart which was set with white cloth, stemware glasses for ice water and juice, lovely Rosenthal china, small vase of flowers. The side of the rectangular shaped cart would lift to make a round table which was wonderful for breakfast or certainly for dinner as well. Those were the days Firmin van Walle was Hotel Manager (title at that time) and he arranged for those carts to be used.

There must have been only 1 or maybe 2 of those special carts.

We were in the Neptune Lounge one morning when a couple next door to us asked how they could have their breakfast served on one of those carts instead of a tray being placed on the low coffee table. The concierge said they only had a couple of them.

Maybe things have changed since you were on last Sail? I think it has been a while?

On our Westerdam cruise in April, all of the room service was by carts and the carts were always in the hall. For 20 days.

On our Prinsendam cruise a few months earlier, it was the same thing.

I don't recall seeing carts on our Maasdam cruise, but my memory is short. Without question, in the last year, I can say for certainty that carts were used.

I have always seen the laundry "carts" (whatever the right term is) with all the lovely laundry and dry cleaning for delivery to the cabins.

We didn't have any carts in the hallway on our spring Zuiderdam cruises.

We had a fabulous suite on Princess some years ago. It was a very large bedroom, huge bathroom with tub and separate shower and another half bath for guests.

The living room was a separate room, two tvs' and large verandah but I hated the deck they used. You could not stand to walk on it barefoot and the cabin was all the way aft. That was a real negative for us. We hated hearing and feeling the thrusters operating as they made a huge vibration and when the anchor chain went down, it was awful.

However, out of all the suites we have enjoyed on so many ships, that was the best suite for my taste.

There must have been only 1 or maybe 2 of those special carts.

We were in the Neptune Lounge one morning when a couple next door to us asked how they could have their breakfast served on one of those carts instead of a tray being placed on the low coffee table. The concierge said they only had a couple of them.

I have no idea how many they had but I do know we had room service every morning on a great many cruises and always on that cart/table.

We also received a gift of caviar and all the fixings one cruise. They wheeled it in and the presentation was out of this world. That set it up so beautifully and we and friends we sailed with really enjoyed it. :)

We didn't have any carts in the hallway on our spring Zuiderdam cruises.

Which, of course, only means you didn't see them---not that they don't exist.

More than once I have heard the room service cart rolling down the passageway, and hurried to open the door expecting my breakfast was coming.

ON our last cruise, every morning I would find myself following the room service guy down the hallway when he was delivering room service breakfasts with his cart. Now to clarify this was always very early morning when I was on my way to the gym, but yes every day I saw him with his cart. He would pull it to the side so I could pass or when he was delivering to a cabin.

Maybe it's because of our cabin location? We were pretty much right across the hall from where the cart was parked. I stand corrected. :)