Royal computer/internet question...

seafun

I've got a netbook to bring with me rather than the bulky laptop. Just discovered that unless it's online, I can't use the equivalent of "Word" to write a document to upload ((trip notes, travel blog, etc).

Does anyone recall if you can use the computers in the Royal's internet café for something like that? (To compose a document to upload, while offline.) I know I once uploaded a memory card to one of their computers on another ship, but don't remember if I was logged in or not.

Any answers would be most appreciated.

I was trying to travel smarter, and I may have taken a step backwards. :o

Nope. There is no office-type software on the Internet Centre terminals. Nor any other functionality other than paid use of the World Wide Web.

My Acer netbook came with a very crude "starter" version of Word and Excel which aggressively searches to see if the netbook is logged onto the internet each time I open the application but it does (eventually) function offline.

Edited by fishywood

Thanks Fishywood and Caribill. Just as I suspected.

No outlook-like program on my machine. I should have said Chromebook instead of netbook I guess. It's a great little machine but not real practical for shipboard composing of notes.

Well... either I'd better practice my penmanship (to write notes by hand :eek:) -- or, maybe a little shopping is in order tomorrow, LOL.

Thanks guys.

On the ship's computers you do not have access to word or similar. Your only option would be to connect to the internet, type the info into the email app and then send the email to yourself or someone at home. You would need to be connected to the internet (& incurring charges) the entire time.