Which Drink Package... Decisions, Decisions

I am stumped on which drink package to get. I am curious if there is a list somewhere of the actual beers/cocktails that are currently being served on the Oasis in each package. I do prefer micro-brews that may be on board but are probably not included in the 'Select' drink package ($42). However, purchasing the 'Ultimate' package without knowing what -exactly- is included (what beers, etc.) may not be what I want either; it all depends on what exactly is included in each. Does anyone have a list or are they posted somewhere? I've searched but I can't find it, and it doesn't seem to be on RCCL's site either. Much thanks in advance!!

I am stumped on which drink package to get. I am curious if there is a list somewhere of the actual beers/cocktails that are currently being served on the Oasis in each package. I do prefer micro-brews that may be on board but are probably not included in the 'Select' drink package ($42). However, purchasing the 'Ultimate' package without knowing what -exactly- is included (what beers, etc.) may not be what I want either; it all depends on what exactly is included in each. Does anyone have a list or are they posted somewhere? I've searched but I can't find it, and it doesn't seem to be on RCCL's site either. Much thanks in advance!!

The included beers are the same in all 3 alcoholic beverage packages. The list below shows the beers, and all are included except for the Chimay Blue 750ml.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46668454&postcount=12

Reread your post and you are looking for specific brands, those vary in different locations but when it says beer it is all beer on board (maybe not in specialty restaurants but in the bars) The only real restrictions is wine is limited to $12 a glass and under. Probably the best info you will get unless someone has a picture of the beer menu in the pub (largest selection of beers)

You can always wait until you get onboard and see for yourself what is available where to decide what will work best for you. No need to pre-purchase.

Thanks everyone, I may just wait till on board. Yep Monkey, I'm looking for specific brands. I think I read that there were some beers that were not included in any of the packages?? :eek: Is this true? If so then carte blanche may make the most sense for me..

Thanks everyone, I may just wait till on board. Yep Monkey, I'm looking for specific brands. I think I read that there were some beers that were not included in any of the packages?? :eek: Is this true? If so then carte blanche may make the most sense for me..

Read post #4.

Chimay was the only one not included. The original package had more exclusions but I believe they were all lifted. I drank everything in the pub and was never excluded with any. Chimay is a big bottle, and sells for $20.00 so you can guess why it's excluded.

I just googled it and found a few recent pictures of the pub beer list. It showed that beers such as Murphey's and Guinness as well as some IPAs were excluded from all packages, if that is so then I'm definitely going to pass on the package. Why would these be excluded from the 'Ultimate' package when the price for these is commensurate with the other beers they serve? :cool:

So, on any of the packages, it is good for wine up to $12 now? How about cocktails- $12 as well? is this listed anywhere? Seems odd to pay $400-500 a person and not have the exact terms of what you are purchasing spelled out. I agree on the beer thing- if the beers are within that $12 and under pricing, it seems the should just be included. NCL does this much simpler.

So, on any of the packages, it is good for wine up to $12 now? How about cocktails- $12 as well? is this listed anywhere? Seems odd to pay $400-500 a person and not have the exact terms of what you are purchasing spelled out. I agree on the beer thing- if the beers are within that $12 and under pricing, it seems the should just be included. NCL does this much simpler.

Select package: $8 glasses of wine. No stated limit for beer. No alcoholic cocktails.

Premium and Ultimate packages: $12 glasses of wine, $12 cocktails.

Royal's latest document leaves out the limits. That's SOP for Royal.

Note that these limits may be higher in locations where drink prices already include gratuity.

Edited by clarea

I just googled it and found a few recent pictures of the pub beer list. It showed that beers such as Murphey's and Guinness as well as some IPAs were excluded from all packages, if that is so then I'm definitely going to pass on the package. Why would these be excluded from the 'Ultimate' package when the price for these is commensurate with the other beers they serve? :cool:

My last sailing on RCL was 9 months ago so it may have changed since then, but on my last 2 sailings I had the premium package and it did *not* include Guinness and a few others. More annoying was the last trip where I tried to just go buy a Guinness and was told they were out. (They were out of quite a few bottled beers.)

My last sailing on RCL was 9 months ago so it may have changed since then, but on my last 2 sailings I had the premium package and it did *not* include Guinness and a few others. More annoying was the last trip where I tried to just go buy a Guinness and was told they were out. (They were out of quite a few bottled beers.)

I believe the included beers have changed in the last few months. I've read multiple reports from different people that say the only beer not included is the Chimay Blue 750ml.

I would still wait till on board to see if your selections are included but the following comes from a travel agent site that does include all the new pricing and says it was updated Sept. 17, 2015:

Which beers are not included in the select package?

Bottles or cans of beer that are more than 12 oz are not included in the select package.

Beers that come in bottles or cans such as Fosters, Chimay and Guiness are not included in the package because they come in large cans. If the beer can be served as a draft (such as Guiness), it will be included in the select package.

Hi all

Going on my first cruise in December. Sailing on the Allure. Very excited, 4 of us travelling and we are looking into the drinks packages. At the moment we are considering the premium package for $55pp per day (cocktails and spirits) but was wondering if anyone knows the answer to the the following:

1. Are regular teas and coffees included?

2. Fountain soda is included but can I get a gin & tonic, vodka and coke, etc?

3. Can you get OJ etc at breakfast time or is this extra?

5. Do they have Hendricks gin does anyone know?

Do people find the packages good value? We are travelling as two couples and would be likely to have a few in the day, wine with dinner and a few at night so I'm thinking we should at least break even. I've heard the cocktails start at around $9/$10 for example? Not sure show much a g&t or similar would be though...

Does anyone think the ultimate is worth the extra $$$? Specialty coffees and teas seem to be the only difference to me... But I may be wrong!

Thanks in advance,

L

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Regular coffee and tea are included in your basic cruise fare, no packages needed.

The Premium package includes cocktails up to $12.

Juice drinks from concentrate are included at breakfast in your basic cruise fare. If you want fresh squeezed OJ, you can either pay about $4 each, or you can get the Replenish or Ulitimate package. Fresh squeezed OJ is not included in the Premium package.

Thanks Bob.

Do you know how the spirit and mixer thing works? Or is that classed as a cocktail (I'm Irish so there might be different lingo in the U.S.)?

Appreciate your help and no doubt ill have lots more questions over the next 10 weeks!

Yes, a spirit and mixer would be a cocktail. Other kinds of cocktails would be drinks like a frozen mojito, pina colada, etc.

Hi all

Going on my first cruise in December. Sailing on the Allure. Very excited, 4 of us travelling and we are looking into the drinks packages. At the moment we are considering the premium package for $55pp per day (cocktails and spirits) but was wondering if anyone knows the answer to the the following:

1. Are regular teas and coffees included? What Bob said

2. Fountain soda is included but can I get a gin & tonic, vodka and coke, etc? Yes - single liquor with single mixer is included. The only time you'll have to worry is if you're drinking a super premium liquor (there aren't many) and you would pay the difference between $12 and the price of the super premium drink. $12 before tax & 18% gratuity.

3. Can you get OJ etc at breakfast time or is this extra? What Bob said

5. Do they have Hendricks gin does anyone know? Hendricks is listed RCLs list of available liquors, however selection can vary greatly ship to ship. Bombay, Tanqueray and Gordon's are also listed.

Do people find the packages good value? We are travelling as two couples and would be likely to have a few in the day, wine with dinner and a few at night so I'm thinking we should at least break even. I've heard the cocktails start at around $9/$10 for example? Not sure show much a g&t or similar would be though... EVERYONE has an answer for this. Only you can decide if you drink enough per day to justify the cost. Personally, for me it IS worth it and I will not cruise without a drink package again. Add up the number of drinks you would LIKE to have on holiday and see if it's over or under $55 per day.

Does anyone think the ultimate is worth the extra $$$? Specialty coffees and teas seem to be the only difference to me... But I may be wrong! And the fresh squeezed juice in the AM is also included in the Ultimate. The price difference is about $10 per day. That's about 2 lattes or juices in a 24 hour period. Again - TO ME - it's worth it. But if you're not a coffee or juice drinker - ALL of the alcohol is exactly the same.

Thanks in advance,

L

Hope that helps! ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!