Which Drink Package... Decisions, Decisions

Thank you.

One more ?? Either with or without a package, can you get unopened beer (or even soda cans) to take back to the cabin for a nightcap? Hate to get dressed and go back out for it. Also, can you get the 5 beer at a time (bucket) with the package?

Thank you.

One more ?? Either with or without a package, can you get unopened beer (or even soda cans) to take back to the cabin for a nightcap? Hate to get dressed and go back out for it. Also, can you get the 5 beer at a time (bucket) with the package?

None of the packages give you cans of soda. If you want soda in your stateroom, you can get them out of the cooler, and pay about $2.50 per can.

Edited by clarea

I know the Select Package says wine and beer. Does anyone know if you can also order

Champagne (instead of the wine). My princess mother only drinks champagne and although my family has four cabins and can take 8 bottles of champagne on with us, it may just be easier for my sister and me to purchase the Select Package for her as a gift. We, on the other hand, will be getting the Ultimate LOL

Thank you.

I know the Select Package says wine and beer. Does anyone know if you can also order

Champagne (instead of the wine). My princess mother only drinks champagne and although my family has four cabins and can take 8 bottles of champagne on with us, it may just be easier for my sister and me to purchase the Select Package for her as a gift. We, on the other hand, will be getting the Ultimate LOL

Thank you.

There is a sparkling wine selection that is covered by the Select Package.

There is a sparkling wine selection that is covered by the Select Package.

Thank you but that is different from actual champagne correct?

I'll have to ask my mom but I don't think that is actual champagne.

Thank you but that is different from actual champagne correct?

I'll have to ask my mom but I don't think that is actual champagne.

Correct, it's probably not from the Champagne region of France, but tastes like champagne.

Correct, it's probably not from the Champagne region of France, but tastes like champagne.

Thanks!

Like I said my mom is a princess :) so I think we will need to purchase and bring on

the champagne LOL

Thanks!

Thanks!

Like I said my mom is a princess :) so I think we will need to purchase and bring on

the champagne LOL

Thanks!

The least expensive "real" champagne I can find on the wine list is Moet & Chandon Brut "Imperial". This runs $16 a glass. Even if you got the Premium package, you would still be paying $4 a glass.

I agree with you, probably better to bring it on.

None of the packages give you cans of soda. If you want soda in your stateroom, you can get them out of the cooler, and pay about $2.50 per can.

You are correct no drinks package offers can of coke.Not even the ultimate package.A tin costs $2.50.You can get tins in the diamond lounge.I would have a glass of coke and the waiter would also bring me an un opened can without even asking for it.Royal really should think about offering cans in the drinks packages as some people don't like the draft coke.

• 2 weeks later...
The least expensive "real" champagne I can find on the wine list is Moet & Chandon Brut "Imperial". This runs $16 a glass. Even if you got the Premium package, you would still be paying $4 a glass.

I agree with you, probably better to bring it on.

Are you saying the free champagne at the art auctions isn't real? (LOL) By far it is the cheapest in many ways!! (Unless you drink enough you buy something)

Does the ultimate package have a cocktail price limit like the premium does?

Are speciality cocktails for the complimentary restaurants on Anthem included? (They seem to be ~$14/drink from the menus I've seen.)

If we order a $14 drink on the premium package, can we just pay the $2 difference, or would I have to pay $14?

TIA

Are speciality cocktails for the complimentary restaurants on Anthem included? (They seem to be ~$14/drink from the menus I've seen.)

If we order a $14 drink on the premium package, can we just pay the $2 difference, or would I have to pay $14?

TIA

That may have the gratuity already included-- thus, it should still be covered-- but perhaps someone that has been on anthem from Southhampton can confirm.

TIA

The Ultimate package has the same exact alcoholic drink limits as the Premium package. If you order a drink that is priced over the limit, you only have to pay the difference.

That may have the gratuity already included-- thus, it should still be covered-- but perhaps someone that has been on anthem from Southhampton can confirm.

Good point. The menu I'm basing drink prices on is from UK sailings. Perhaps prices will be adjusted down once Anthem is home ported in the USA where gratuities are expected on top of the base cost.

The Ultimate package has the same exact alcoholic drink limits as the Premium package. If you order a drink that is priced over the limit, you only have to pay the difference.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my first cruise coming up in January and am wondering if all beer is served in bottles or cans or by tap? I am planning on purchasing the select package.

Thanks

Depending on the beer, it's served in bottles, cans, or tap.

Good point. The menu I'm basing drink prices on is from UK sailings. Perhaps prices will be adjusted down once Anthem is home ported in the USA where gratuities are expected on top of the base cost.

The wines are a different story-- many are priced outside the limit (but it's a decent limit and you only pay the difference--- my upcoming on Holland America has NEITHER of those). But I have found on Royal that most of the cocktails seem to be included with the package.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the Indepoendence of the Sea on November 21 and I was wondering if the drink package covers the "Drink of the Day". On NCL it did not. We are getting the Premium Package.

Thank you.

We are going on the Indepoendence of the Sea on November 21 and I was wondering if the drink package covers the "Drink of the Day". On NCL it did not. We are getting the Premium Package.

Thank you.

Yes it does, just ask for it in a regular glass. Anything in the special (you can keep them) glasses is not included in the package.