Fly Past

tonkie

Just come off The Allure and on Saturday on our sea day the most amazing thing happened, as we were sunbathing on top deck, we could hear a jet in the distance that was getting closer and closer, so as the noise was getting louder I got up to look and what looked like a Gulf Jet Stream did a fly past the bow of the ship at what must of been about 30 to 40 feet above the water.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me:mad:

So did anyone who seen the same get a shot?

Edited by tonkie

It could of been a USCG Gulfstream on patrol.

Actually the Coast Guard flew Falcons, but they have all been retired. The final flight was Sep. 2014. They were replaced with Casa's, designated HC-144 (I am a retired CG pilot who flew Falcons). They do have 2 G-5's, but they are used for the Commandant and Secretary of Homeland Security.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on the Q before it was reassigned to China. We past an aircraft carrier while heading south. Jets and helicopters buzzed the ship. We were convinced that they were offering tours to see the Pink Bear on the upper decks of the ship!

Edited by JMG

In January 2002, just before the second gulf war we were on he Adventure, first day our of SJ and from our balcony on deck 8 I saw a plane buzz the ship, almost parallel with our deck. I didn't recognize the USCG markings and dh told me I was crazy. Toward the end of the week my husband noticed planes doing take offs and landings from a carrier on the horizon. While on the balcony another passenger said he had seen the same plane I saw! And then a USCG plane buzzed the ship again. Anything is possinle.

In January 2002, just before the second gulf war we were on he Adventure, first day our of SJ and from our balcony on deck 8 I saw a plane buzz the ship, almost parallel with our deck. I didn't recognize the USCG markings and dh told me I was crazy. Toward the end of the week my husband noticed planes doing take offs and landings from a carrier on the horizon. While on the balcony another passenger said he had seen the same plane I saw! And then a USCG plane buzzed the ship again. Anything is possinle.

When I was flying for the Coast Guard we used to always take the opportunity to do a "low pass" on cruise ships. We had definite regulations regarding altitude, distance, etc. But we also had every right to ID any boat or ship out there. I am a cruise ship fanatic. Nothing, to me, was as beautiful than a low pass near a cruise ship at sea. Also fun to "show the flag." :)