Shopping on Sunday in Rome

drdaddy

Hi. We will be in Rome for 5 days pre-cruise. Doing the usual stuff but we were curious about Sundays. I know many restaurants are closed. What about shopping on Sunday?

We figure to walk up and down Corso and visit the 3 04 side streets that go between Corso and The Spanish Steps. Is everything open?

Also, what about the all the small shops around the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon?

Thanks so much.

It used to be that mainly the touristy shops were open on Sundays, but in recent years I have noted that more stores are staying open on Sundays and it seems to have become very popular among Italians (as well as tourists) to stroll and browse on a Sunday.

You will still find a few stores closed (two of my favorites still resist opening on Sundays...:() but you should find a good many that are open. Same with restaurants. If you have a particular one in mind, best to check and see what night(s) it is closed. Sunday night and Monday night seem about equally popular for restaurant closings.