Old San Juan hotel for one night

Rneighh

I've booked Chateau Cervantes for my trip in March. It has good reviews on TripAdvisor and on CC so I'm giving it a try. Right in OSJ and close to restaurants and the Pier.

Looks nice, unfortunately I'm not paying over $600.00/night for a hotel :)! I hope you got a much better deal!

Looks nice, unfortunately I'm not paying over $600.00/night for a hotel :)! I hope you got a much better deal!

Yes, booked a while ago & got Jr suite for just over $200 all fees included. Very happy as it seems now it's sold out except for the Presidential suite & priced @ that $600/day rate

We're just looking for CLEAN, reasonably priced (under $200.00) and close to restaurant's and the cruise port. Someone suggested the Hotel Casablanca. Any opinions?

Thanks,

Holiday Inn Express Condado......it was clean, rooms SMALL.....prices

are low....not anything but your "basic hotel"....they offer free breakfast

and there are restaurants nearby.

Holiday Inn Express Condado......it was clean, rooms SMALL.....prices

are low....not anything but your "basic hotel"....they offer free breakfast

and there are restaurants nearby.

Thanks! We're just looking for a clean place for the night before the cruise. I'll sure look at this one!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Not sure where you are seeing that they require a two night stay. I just booked the Sheraton Old San Juan directly through their website, for just one night.

Have tried every possible booking site and have called the hotel directly and no way to book one night for April 1. :( Will unfortunately have to stay further away.

I have noticed on their website that sometimes they require a 2 night stay and sometimes they don't, and I mean for the same date. I check my date periodically and noticed it. Keep checking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I kept trying daily and put an alert on a website for availability - i got an email that it was available and I still didn't believe it, but was able to book it this morning. Awesome! Thanks again for the encouragement that I wasn't wasting my time.

Use the Sheraton website. No need to pay for a membership to a website. For the person looking for the 2/13 one night stay for 3 adults, there is a pre-paid rate for $270 (not including taxes). The Flexible rate (allows changes/cancellations BEFORE a certain date) is $329 (not including taxes). The RACK rate is $449 (not including taxes). DO NOT fall for the "rack" rate. There is no difference between it and the Flexible rate - both allow changes/cancellation before a certain date and both require a credit card for advance deposit. Many 3rd party sites will use the "RACK" rate to make you think you are getting a deal from their site; you can usually find similar deals with more benefits and better service directly from the hotel. If you have an issue with a stay, you need to use your 3rd party provider as the go-between to the hotel, just like you need to use the TA you book a cruise with instead of doing it yourself. Sometimes, it's ok, but other times it can be a nightmare. I've been on the hotel end of those conversations when LMT, Orbitz, Priceline, call because a guest shows up expecting to check in and we find that the date is wrong, wrong room booked, wrong number of days…

All hotels have a minimum stay requirement from time to time. So, that is the reason why some say they can't get one night at the Sheraton and others say they can. Also, the hotel revenue management may relax the minimum night closer to the arrival date if the predicted occupancy rate (and associated availability) is such that some single nights would not upset the revenue balance. There are times where a hotel will get more revenue from imposing a 2 night minimum and have fewer rooms occupied for those 2 nights than have no minimum and have available rooms scattered throughout the room types.

(this is coming from someone intimately familiar with Starwood and it's rate plans ;) )