Allure Dinner and Show Reservations

I am taking my wife on her first Cruise this Nov 6th on the Allure.. Its only Friday to Sunday as a trial for her and I want it to be perfect.. I have been on dozens of cruises in the past but have not cruised in over 5 years..

I am hoping I can do things online and early to beat that mad rush when everyone gets on the ship.

I am hoping to just get a table for 2 at the main dinner seating rather than the family style. (just till she gets used to it) If not then I think I will choose a restaurant like Chops..

Also I think Mama Mia is the show on the ship.. I want to be able to get good seats.. are there reservations or just wait very early for the show?

Can anyone advise here?

It's a good idea to get reservations for all the shows. However, reservations just allow you to enter the venue early, they do not reserve specific seats. I'd say to get to the venue at least 30 before the show to have a decent selection of seats.

Half the fun of cruising (IMO) is having tablemates at dinner! I LOVE that! It's not "family style...everyone gets to order their own meal..not served in big bowls! Having others to chat with is fun!

You will be able to make reservations for the shows soon, if you can't online now.....you are simply booking the show time you want...not specific seats, so get to the theater about 15-20 mins. prior if you want to be in the center section.

We are on the 12 night Transatlantic on Allure the end of the month and we HAD to make reservations at both dining and show venues or we would be stand-by for those events. Go to RCI Website and find your cruise then scroll down and you will see where you make reservations. Some venues such as the comedy club are very small and without reservations virtually impossible to get in to. Good Luck and remember the Allure is a VERY BIG ship and she won't even be aware she is on a ship.

Half the fun of cruising (IMO) is having tablemates at dinner! I LOVE that! It's not "family style...everyone gets to order their own meal..not served in big bowls! Having others to chat with is fun!

You will be able to make reservations for the shows soon, if you can't online now.....you are simply booking the show time you want...not specific seats, so get to the theater about 15-20 mins. prior if you want to be in the center section.

I agree the tablemates can be fun.. but its a crap shoot.. I have had great ones and ones so boring or weird I rushed through my meal.. I like to take the chance but I dont want to risk my wife having a bad experience..

Do they offer table for 2 or only group tables?

I agree the tablemates can be fun.. but its a crap shoot.. I have had great ones and ones so boring or weird I rushed through my meal.. I like to take the chance but I dont want to risk my wife having a bad experience..

They do have tables for 2, and you would be more likely to get one if you are on My Time Dining.

Edited by clarea

We usually request a table for two and have been successful. Over the last few cruises on Oasis & Allure we request, from RCL dining, a specific table number by a window as the seating arrangements for the two ships is similar.

With regards to Mamma Mia, it is a very popular broadway play, and from my experience on the Quantum, we had reserves and got there 30 minutes prior and got stuck watching the play around a pole. I you want decent/good seats, may I suggest that you get there much earlier.

From pure observation, not supported by any facts, Allure seems to have more table for 2 setups than the other ships I've been on.

They do have tables for 2, and you would be more likely to get one if you are on My Time Dining.

What is My Time Dining?:confused:

sorry for all the questions.. I think this site is fantastic for getting the fast answers I need.. you guys are awesome!!

Edited by Vettecouple

What is My Time Dining?:confused:

sorry for all the questions.. I think this site is fantastic for getting the fast answers I need.. you guys are awesome!!

My Time Dining is a flexible dining where you are not tied to any specific dining time. You can make reservations for any time, the same or different every night, or show up without a reservation. All your choice.

If you can book Mama Mia ahead of time, do it. Arrive 30min before and you will have no problem getting a good seat. We sat on lower level (deck 4), on aisle left of stage (as you look at the stage), on the second row and it was perfect. Many of the show scenes are geared to that side.

When you board, go directly to you dining room floor and locate your table. If not a table for 2, go to the lobby to see if they can move you. More than likely they can if you go early. There should be someone there helping with dinner table assignments. If you wait until later to do this, expect a wait. They do seen to have a lot of tables for 2, as someone stated. We were on deck 5/Silk. Also, tables for 2 are served faster (said Captain Obvious). Which is why we like these.

Note on shows: if Blue Planet is playing, please go, but, sit further back due to the special effects. We sat closer (front row) and it would have been better from further back and more in the center. Front row of upper level may even be the perfect location.

Edited by m*u*g*