Holland America Noordam

I was on the Noordam for 37 nights last year, and while I didn't stay in the location you mentioned, I did have dinner on the balcony of one of those aft balcony cabins. A few of us on our rol call decided to forgo formal night dinners in the MDR and take it in turn to have it on our balconies. The CC member who had the Deck 7 aft balcony had her steward set up a table with tablecloth and extra chairs and we all ordered off the MDR menu earlier in the day and had it delivered at a set time.

As you have such a nice deep balcony, it's something to consider.

P S the person who had the cabin, a 4 star Mariner, tended to book an aft cabin whenever she could and had never mentioned vibration or noise as being an issue.

If you ask on the Holland America board, you will get far more people with knowledge and experience.

Other than perhaps at docking when the thrusters are being used, I doubt you will notice much noise or vibration.

Aren't thrusters in the bow?

At the stern the props are rotated 90 degrees so as to emulate thrusters.

I spent 22 glorious nights in 6166 the corner aft wrap suite one deck below, not one problem. And I just booked the same cabin again today. It's a georgeous room with the double deck. Was on the Volendam in mar, lots of noise, different class ship. You will be fine

Aren't thrusters in the bow?

At the stern the props are rotated 90 degrees so as to emulate thrusters.

There can be thrusters at both ends. When the ship has azipods, as you are referring to, yes, they can turn 360 degrees, and act as thrusters. Sometimes they point one azipod one way, and the other a different way. This can cause some sense of vibration.