Dawn Princess to PNG in May, 2016

I have been told by my T/A that the Dawn Princess is wait listing cabins for the PNG cruise on the 19th May 2016 . . . yet I have had a Roll Call notice on this forum for weeks now and not one person has replied to ask about it.

On my last cruise on the Diamond Princess we had over 400 replies and over 100 turned up at our Meet & Greet.

Surely somebody is interested in this cruise to help organise a Meet & Greet.

I am thinking that my wife and I will be the only people on board.

I have been told by my T/A that the Dawn Princess is wait listing cabins for the PNG cruise on the 19th May 2016 . . . yet I have had a Roll Call notice on this forum for weeks now and not one person has replied to ask about it.

On my last cruise on the Diamond Princess we had over 400 replies and over 100 turned up at our Meet & Greet.

John depends on the category but their still seems quite a few vacant cabins and maybe when its closer people might join the roll call

I know what it's like Sailaway John. We've got the ship to ourselves for the May 16 cruise to Fiji next year :o.

I also know what Sailaway John is feeling, too. I'm on a 30-Day Australian Circumnavigation Cruise on the Dawn Princess this coming March and our Roll Call has managed 5 whole pages of posts.....with a good portion of these being "Hello, we just booked" followed a few posts later by the "Goodbye, we just canceled" posts. (For comparison, I was on an Oceania Cruise earlier this year that had over 200 pages of posts the day we sailed.)

Maybe someone can tell me, do Australians use some web site other than Cruise Critic to chat about their upcoming cruises?

• 4 months later...

John I'm looking at booking a trip on the Golden from Melbourne late this year but won't book until later in the year as I have another trip in the planning stages.

The NZ itinerary that the Golden is doing is one we did a couple of times on the Dawn and really enjoyed.

The Roll Call is starting to pick up now. Also looking at another cruise in late 2016. Thinking about the Emerald or Golden . . . any ideas which ship to use?

Glad the roll call has livened up for you. I haven't been on either of the ships but as they are sister ships I wouldn't think it will matter. The Diamond (another sister) is a nice ship but has been Asianised for the Japanese market with some décor and bath areas put in. I would pick the cruise on the timing, itinerary and price .:D

Yes as stated I think its because such a small number actually use this site. I know with P&O there a FB pages dedicated to individual cruises, makes it very easy

True, CC membership in Australia is especially low, and then we are spread out of many cruises.