Interesting email from Captains Club

AFT_LOVER

Took them a week to respond to me verifying that we are presently SELECT & will be ELITE when we disembark from Transcanal on Dec 4th.

Read on:

RE: Captain’s Club membership status

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Macop,

Thank you for your recent e-mail about your Celebrity

Cruises Captain’s Club membership. We apologize for

the delay in responding. You are enrolled at the

Select level with seven cruise credits. Your sailing on

the Summit, November 20, 2005 in a Concierge Class

stateroom will provide you with an additional three cruise

credits. After the sailing in completed you will be an

Elite member.

At this time the scheduled cruise director will be Don

Fluke.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you

that with our enhanced Captain’s Club, you are no

longer required to show your membership card on or off

the ship. In order to receive discounts or access to

exclusive events, you simply need to ensure your

membership number is noted in your reservation prior to your

sail date.

Mr. & Mrs. Macop, discover a complete cruise

experience with a taste of luxury on every Celebrity cruise.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Kirschbaum

Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-760-0654, 9 AM-11 PM EST, Monday-Friday;

10 AM-8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada:

+1-316-554-5961)

Visit our Web site: http://www.celebrity.com/captainsclub

E-mail us: Captainsclub@celebrity.com

Write us: Captain’s Club

P.O. Box 026052

Miami, FL 33102-6052

we never carried our cc card. we r elite, but the cost has gone up & iteniarys ? so much the same we tried carnival as 1st time cruisers & were plesantly surprised. most comfortable beds ever, big cabin, free expresso, good food & great waiter. we are trying ncl in nov. you owe no loyalty. its your money.

I agree with the other posters, have never had to show our card and we're also members from when there was a fee to join. I'm curious as to why you wouldn't just call Captain's Club and ask the question and get an immediate response rather than waiting for an email reply. We all know that they're not quick answering emails.

Patty

Hey Ann,

Formerly Caryshenk here. I forgot my password and got locked out. Had to change my username to Carolann1. We just got back from a great cruise to Alaska on the Infinity. The boards have changed. I hardly ever post anymore.

It's just not the same as it used to be. Glad to see you back.

Carol

Hi Carol, how are you? Alsaka is fabulous, I know you had a great time. Hi to Bob. I hardly post anymore also, I'm betting the hosts were glad I was gone.:D

But I'm baaaaaack. And to keep this on topic, I would like to understand what is interesting about an email from CC? Not to be snippy, just curious.

EN - what in the world are you doing up so early.

Note - One of the things I do if I ever post something from customer service is to omit both my name and the name of the customer service person. That way if they ever say anything that will get them in trouble, I won't get them in trouble. Otherwise, they might stop responding via e-mail.

over a week ago & all I get in return is a book version of a response that they change names, cruise dates, ship names, etc. No mention of shipboard credits I wanted verified.

Then to add that I don't need to use my card, what that had to do with my 2 questions.....

I agree with the other posters, have never had to show our card and we're also members from when there was a fee to join. I'm curious as to why you wouldn't just call Captain's Club and ask the question and get an immediate response rather than waiting for an email reply. We all know that they're not quick answering emails.

Patty

What the hell did he just say? He answered nothing of which you asked and gave you information that was useless! Not having to show your member card is stupid, how are they to know your status otherwise?

We joined Celebrity's Captain Club way back when they charged you to join?! Now just sailing once gets you some status.

Cruizinrican:)

What the hell did he just say? He answered nothing of which you asked and gave you information that was useless! Not having to show your member card is stupid, how are they to know your status otherwise?

We joined Celebrity's Captain Club way back when they charged you to join?! Now just sailing once gets you some status.

Cruizinrican:)

over a week ago & all I get in return is a book version of a response that they change names, cruise dates, ship names, etc. No mention of shipboard credits I wanted verified.

Then to add that I don't need to use my card, what that had to do with my 2 questions.....

Okay, now I'm confused. Yes, they did send a partially canned response, and those frequently have information beyond the original query. But there was very detailed information about cruise credits (the OP has 7 now and will be at the Elite level at the end of the very-specifically identified cruise - did you miss that :confused: ) along with the name of the Cruise Director. Those items certainly weren't canned. Anyone who has cruised that much should already know that changes are at the discretion of the cruise line - no surprise there.

cruisinrican, you don't need to show your card because they have your CC number and it tells them your status. Computers are a wonderous thing.

Hi Phil,

I was kinda thinking along the same lines, can't wait for the next installment. :rolleyes:

Golly, what an informative and thought provoking thread. I can hardly wait for the next installment.:rolleyes:

Phil

Bob,

Once again you have hit at the heart of the matter - an experienced cruiser would know these things!

Phil,

I want YOUR next installment!

I must say, since I have just returned from my b2b2b Horizon (approaching 30 X cruises, not 'credits' in 23 months:D ) I am amazed at the interesting threads like this one that are now occupying our minds on these boards! 23_11_55.gif :rolleyes:

we never carried our cc card. we r elite, but the cost has gone up & iteniarys ? so much the same we tried carnival as 1st time cruisers & were plesantly surprised. most comfortable beds ever, big cabin, free expresso, good food & great waiter. we are trying ncl in nov. you owe no loyalty. its your money.

Some people seem to lurk on other threads, just to start TROUBLE. :mad:

Archived