NCL onboard internet prices jumped 20-55%

Demonyte

Personally, we don't want to spend time ashore dealing with free wifi. Or the international data rate plans from our mobile service provider. We just pay for the ship's wifi.

But, if you do want free wifi ashore, the port shopping expert can also point you to some of the ship-sponsored jewelry stores that offer free wifi (and maybe a free adult beverage). A little more upscale than sitting on the sidewalk outside a convenience store facetiming with the crew.

Can you imagine someone getting off the ship and instead of seeing the beautiful island they're searching for Wi-Fi lmao

No different than someone getting off the ship and instead of seeing the beautiful island they're sitting their ass on a bar stool at the closest bar drinking the entire day.

See, now this I can see you doing! LOL However, I might be wrong. :D

Some people, which you won't understand until you have a family one day yourself......do have huge responsibilities that they just can't 'put on hold for a cruise' and need to check up on elderly parents, young children, pets, even work.

Harriet

Thanks for the heads up! I'm sailing on October 16th, and will need to check emails daily (I run a small business at home). Not particularly happy about the price increase, but as there is nothing I can do about it, I'll just have to deal.

FDR just finished reading this thread after reply #1 I guess. ;)