Book now or wait?

thatjoeguy

We're booked on a cruise on the Escape in January; final payment is Monday. Some friends may be interesting in joining. I priced out the different categories today. With all changes, should we expect to see any price reductions over the next few months, or should they just go ahead and book soon? Thanks!

Great question. It's a gamble either way. Myself, I like to book closer in as I have found better pricing as time goes on. Jan is not a huge demand cruise time so I would expect some drops, but if they want to be on your cruise then best not to wait too long.

I live near a few ports and am usually quite flexible which ship/line I will take as I can drive, but I understand the dynamics of air fare rates when you are out of convenient driving distance.

I hope they go with you. That ship is on my short list. Sounds great.

It's a real crap-shoot. We've had good luck on our last two cruises. I booked last night - Balcony Gty on the Getaway for next week and the price dropped $90 during the one day! We also got a suite on the Dawn, including the UBP, UDP and $300 OBC for under $1000 back in January.

Others have not been so lucky. I'm waiting to find out where our cabin will be. I know I won't be as lucky as the people who booked an inside and got upgraded to a 2 bed suite in the Haven!!

It depends upon attitude: if the chance of saving a few dollars is more important than the risk of paying more dollars - or the possibility of not getting the sort of cabin desired - or even missing the cruise because it gets sold out before prices come down ---- then definitely wait.

If thecurrent price seems acceptable, then go for it.