Free beverages on Liberty of the Seas?

What drinks are truly free on the RC Liberty of the Seas? Are there complimentary cocktails at sail away or champagne on formal night? I have only sailed once - this was the case. :)

---------------------------------------------

Princess Crown Princess - Sailed January 2006

Royall Caribbean Liberty of the Seas - July 2016

Regular coffee, tea, milk, lemonade, iced tea, OJ from concentrate, a couple of flavoured waters (tap water) and tap water are available no charge at various times and locations.

Free champaign at the art auction and the welcome back party. Not with dinner on formal night.

There are no truly free Drinks on Liberty of the Seas or any other RCI ship.

However some Drinks are included in your cruise fare.

Regular coffee (not specialty coffees), tea, hot chocolate, milk, chocolate milk, lemonade, ice tea, tap water (no bottles) and some flavored Waters are available for free. The availability of These can vary in times and Location or in other words, you won´t get all these at any time at any place around the ship.

Juices are available at breakfast only. You have to pay for them at other than breakfast and you always have to pay for fresh pressed OJ.

As a first time cruiser with RCI your only Option for included sparkling wine is the welcome aboard reception and the art auctions.

No included Cocktails anywhere anytime.

As you climb the ladder in the Crown&Anchor Society some more Options come around.

Free champaign at the art auction and the welcome back party. Not with dinner on formal night.

Can't be sure until I go, but wasn't it free mimosas at the art auction and champagne at embarkation/sail away on the prominade?

Can't be sure until I go, but wasn't it free mimosas at the art auction and champagne at embarkation/sail away on the prominade?

I don't remember free champage at embarkation or sail away on Royal. I do remember that on Celebrity.

That sounds fantastic. Do you just put pineapple in the water or do you have to macerate it?

I place 2 or 3 pieces of fresh pineapple in an empty glass. I grab an ice water from the buffet. When I get to the table, I break up the pineapple into 2 or 3 prices and pour the ice water on top. I think it has a lot of flavor....of course any fruit will work. Enjoy!!

Don´t know about art auction as I´d never take anything frmo Park West even if free;), but for sure there´s nothing for embarkation sailaway. Just have been on two Liberty Cruises.

What drinks are truly free on the RC Liberty of the Seas? Are there complimentary cocktails at sail away or champagne on formal night? I have only sailed once - this was the case. :)

---------------------------------------------

Princess Crown Princess - Sailed January 2006

Royall Caribbean Liberty of the Seas - July 2016

breakfast:

juice from concentrate, typically orange, apple.

plain coffee

milk( white and chocolate )

tap water

Lunch+:

swap out the juice for a flavored water or three

iced tea

lemonade(or squash/cordial depending on which part of the world you come from)

coffee

milk

tap water

the only time there will be 'free' cocktails will be at some of the events like the Captain's meet and greet. very basic ones.. bellinis, a red, a sparkling white and maybe mimosa.

free sparkling can be found at the art auctions( which are otherwise a total waste of time and money)

Yes, they serve champagne on ships with a Promenade during the Captain's Welcome Back party held in the Promenade.

Yes, they serve champagne on ships with a Promenade during the Captain's Welcome Back party held in the Promenade.

Well I´ve never seen them serving champagne, but yes there is sparkling stuff (far away from being champagne though) at the Captains welcome aboard reception. This is usually the second night of the cruise.

There is nothing for embarkation and there´s nothing for sailaway either.

Well I´ve never seen them serving champagne, but yes there is sparkling stuff (far away from being champagne though) at the Captains welcome aboard reception. This is usually the second night of the cruise.

There is nothing for embarkation and there´s nothing for sailaway either.

I've had it in the Promenade and in the bars: it's their house champagne. Not good stuff, but adequate IMO. Anyway, it's free, so the OP has this opportunity for a free glass of "some kind of" bubbly.

My friend's daughter and her boyfriend were treated to a cruise when they graduated from college. They were not quite at the starving student level financially, but had no extra money. So, they went to the art auctions every day to get the free champagne. By the end of the cruise the art staff were rolling their eyes when they showed up. :D

The trick with Captain's party in the Promenade is to get a glass as you enter. Make your way through the crowd, then get another glass on the way out.

Or you could just buy a drink as you're on vacation? Everybody whinges these days about how the cruise lines are all nickel and diming the customer, but all I'm seeing is how much people are trying to screw the cruise industry ..

Or you could just buy a drink as you're on vacation? Everybody whinges these days about how the cruise lines are all nickel and diming the customer, but all I'm seeing is how much people are trying to screw the cruise industry ..

Well that was a bit much.....

Just off Liberty. No complimentary cocktails at sail away and no champagne on formal night. I've never seen that on any RCCL ship in fact. So no, sorry.

This year on Serenade out of NOLA they were very generous with the champagne. We were waiting for pictures and there were several servers just standing there with trays of champagne. We had more than our fair share while waiting...missed it on Navigator last month.

There are no truly free Drinks on Liberty of the Seas or any other RCI ship.

However some Drinks are included in your cruise fare.

Regular coffee (not specialty coffees), tea, hot chocolate, milk, chocolate milk, lemonade, ice tea, tap water (no bottles) and some flavored Waters are available for free. The availability of These can vary in times and Location or in other words, you won´t get all these at any time at any place around the ship.

Juices are available at breakfast only. You have to pay for them at other than breakfast and you always have to pay for fresh pressed OJ.

As a first time cruiser with RCI your only Option for included sparkling wine is the welcome aboard reception and the art auction

No included Cocktails anywhere anytime.

As you climb the ladder in the Crown&Anchor Society some more Options come around.

Sometimes the shops will have free samples, but that doesn't really count as a cocktail.

This year on Serenade out of NOLA they were very generous with the champagne. We were waiting for pictures and there were several servers just standing there with trays of champagne. We had more than our fair share while waiting...missed it on Navigator last month.

Fun!! :D

Well, I have a different perspective on this. I've sailed with RCCL for 42 years, and spent a boatload of money with them (pardon the pun :D ). So, I look at it as trying to keep up my cruising with them, and I'm sure they appreciate it, too! They wouldn't offer the free bubbly at these events if they didn't want people to partake.

I don't see that as screwing RCCL; I see it as ensuring I'm a repeat customer!! :D:D