Transportation between Port Everglades and Port of Miami

tbmrt

Thinking of taking a short cruise from Miami after we disembark on our prior cruise at Port everglades.

Input appreciated. Would like to keep cost down as much as possible.

Thanks

A taxi between ports will run about $75-80 on the meter.

A cheaper option is a $15 taxi to FLL; from there you can catch a shared shuttle to POM with Go Airport, SAS, QLS and others for about $15 per person.

• Like 1

I'm doing the reverse - going from POM to Everglades. I'm taking a shuttle to FLL ($15 per person - QLS) then taking a taxi to Port of Everglades . . . . which QLS estimated to be about $18.

I will consider using UBER from FLL to Port of Everglades . . . if they are once again allowed to operate in Fort Lauderdale.

I'm doing the reverse - going from POM to Everglades. I'm taking a shuttle to FLL ($15 per person - QLS) then taking a taxi to Port of Everglades . . . . which QLS estimated to be about $18.

I will consider using UBER from FLL to Port of Everglades . . . if they are once again allowed to operate in Fort Lauderdale.

Let QLS take you to the stated Holiday Inn on 17th street and you can just walk to ship. (Save the $18)

Let QLS take you to the stated Holiday Inn on 17th street and you can just walk to ship. (Save the $18)

Port Everglades is a container port in addition to cruise ships. It is not conducive to walking unless you are at terminals 2 or 4 (see this map: http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/PEG545_MultiMapBrochure_Map_REVISED-Feb-17-2015.pdf) - terminal 2 is Princess as is terminal 4 usually. If Princess has multiple ships in port they also use terminal 21. So if you aren't at terminal 2 or 4 take a cab from the Holiday Inn - it should be around $10. A taxi directly from the airport to the port is usually between $15 and $20.

Edited by capriccio

On b2b from Terminal 21 it's a 20 minute walk at most. I just do it for the exercise too get my two bottles of wine.

Twenty minutes to 17th Street and Walgreens. Total Wine is 1 mile from terminal 2 so another 10 minutes or so once you get to 17th Street. Port Everglades isn't conducive to walking unless you are at terminals 2/4. The walk from terminal 21 may not look bad on a map but there aren't even sidewalks in some parts of the port. Check it out on Google Earth. If the weather is hot and humid there is no shade either -- that can be debilitating in south Florida. Take a cab.

Edited by capriccio

Celebrity can dock at either Terminal 4 or near Terminal 18.

If you dock at Terminal 4, walk a couple blocks north on Eisenhower Blvd. to SE 17th St. You can catch a bus there going west to U.S. 1. Or if you prefer to walk, it is .9 miles (4 minutes according to Google maps). From there take the Broward County bus 1 to Aventura Mall. Ask driver for transfers. At Aventura Mall, take Miami-Dade bus 9 south to NE 2 Ave & NE 5 St. Cross the highway and take Port Blvd over the bridge. Royal Caribbean is approximately a mile and NCL is approximately 1 ½ miles, other lines in between.

If you dock or near Terminal18, walk north on Eisenhower Blvd to SE 24th St. and then go west on SE 24 St. to U.S. 1. Take Broward County bus 1 to Aventura Mall. From Aventura Mall, same instructions as above.

For you disbelievers, I have to use a mobility scooter and have made the trip many times. In this past year, road construction in Port Everglades has corrected the pedestrian problems and it is now safe to walk through the port. My trips were before the improved and added sidewalks.

If you are not up to the walking, I suggest find someone to share a taxi to the airport with. From the airport you might be able to find a shared shuttle service (search the internet), or you can take the Tri-rail to MIA and get a shared shuttle or taxi there. For the Tri-rail you have to get your ticket at FLL airport and take the complementary shuttle to the train station. However, it does take you all the way to MIA.

Have a couple wonderful cruises,

Betty

Edited by raindropsalways

• 8 months later...
A taxi between ports will run about $75-80 on the meter.

A cheaper option is a $15 taxi to FLL; from there you can catch a shared shuttle to POM with Go Airport, SAS, QLS and others for about $15 per person.

Thank you SOOOOO much , this was very helpful . I had no idea how to pull this off and this is perfect!

Thank you SOOOOO much , this was very helpful . I had no idea how to pull this off and this is perfect!

Happy to help. Uber can make the run between PE & POM for about $45, which would let you skip the stop at FLL