cheese plate on MDR menu?

eandj

I can't remember ...Does Celebrity offer cheese plates on the daily MDR dinner menu?

DH has favorite lines for their premium offerings every night. But we can't remember after being away for 3 years, if X offers them.

If not, where can he get premium cheeses? I'm not talking sliced processed cheeses offered at lunch buffets.

The buffet has always had quality cheese when we visited, never anything processed. Brie, Gouda, Swiss, Edam, Ementhaler and the rest. They cut you a piece from a chunk of cheese. Agree the cheese plate in MDR, average with cheese always warm and too soft.

MDR has a cheese plate in their dessert selection. Actually, I will start with the cheese plate as an appetizer by mid-cruise. It is accompanied with dried fruit and water crackers.:)

At lunch in the buffet, there is not a decent cracker to be seen. Saltines are presented next to the cheese. :eek: I thought they were married to soup!! There is water crackers to be had if you flag a staff member down (maitre d') and if you are prepared to wait. I just point to the cupboard where I know they are hidden.;)

MDR has a cheese plate in their dessert selection. Actually, I will start with the cheese plate as an appetizer by mid-cruise. It is accompanied with dried fruit and water crackers.:)

At lunch in the buffet, there is not a decent cracker to be seen. Saltines are presented next to the cheese. :eek: I thought they were married to soup!! There is water crackers to be had if you flag a staff member down (maitre d') and if you are prepared to wait. I just point to the cupboard where I know they are hidden.;)

We saw water crackers and digestives on the buffet near the cheese every time we used it on Solstice last month. :D

I see people excited about the cheese on cruises a lot. I know Celebrity charges extra for room service gourmet cheese plate. I don't really understand what people are so excited about - is it the quantity of free cheese available? Personally, I can drive down to my local supermarket and easily buy cheese to serve on a plate at home (and I do - my favorite currently is triple cream brie served on sourdough with pepper jelly). I get more excited by the hot dishes which would be a lot more work to fix myself at home.

Edited by tacrum43

Celebrity has two cheese plates on the room service menu. A complimentary cheese plate which is pretty standard cheese and crackers, it's ok. They also offer an Artisan cheese plate for a charge of $15 which features a selection of cheeses from Murano, with grapes and crackers.

This artisan cheese plate is quite nice and worth the charge, however the full cheese selection when you dine in Murano is amazing!

You can order the cheese plates to have in your room, or we would order and take with us to Cellsrmasters for a pre dinner drink.

Pic below of the artisan room service plate.

image222.jpg

Edited by LuckiePuris