CCL Conquest, will we make the flight?

IF you do self disembark- and are ready to go and in line, prior to the posted time, you "should" be able to make this flight.

You have to be at the airport by 10am. The cab ride is only 15 minutes.

Be certain to know all the restrictions of the ticket, and plan on not getting out until the next day- if you miss the flight. If you have insurance- you may not be covered, if this time is outside the cruise line recommended time.

We'll be taking a 6 day Western Carribean Carnival cruise in November (11/8-14). The ship docks at 8 and there's a flight out of FLL that leaves at 11:05. I have been checking to see if I could purchase FTTF, but no luck Any ideas if we'd be able to make that flight?

we just got off the Conquest today.

They started self assist debarkation ( you don't need FTTF for that ) at 07:30 and the priority debarkation about an hour later. So you should easily be able to get to that flight...as long as there are no delays.

As others will likely point out, why stress yourself out after a nice relaxing holiday?

have a great trip

Thank you for the reply! I'd much rather not stress, but taking the later flight would put us home around 2-3am, and with 2 kids, I'd rather avoid it :) I guess, I am going to book the flight and we'll deal with whatever happens. Hopefully it will all work out. Just looking forward to our first cruise with the kids, curious to find out if they are going to like it, we've been doing resorts before, so this will be something different.

We were zone 1 this past April leaving the Conquest and stood in the customs line for at least an hour and the security line at FLL was the longest I've ever seen as well. We were worrying that we wouldn't make our noon flight. It took over an hour to get through that line too.

We've never had to wait in lines like this for either getting off of the ship or getting through security at the airport.

Good luck to you, I hope you have a better experience than we did.

We'll be taking a 6 day Western Carribean Carnival cruise in November (11/8-14). The ship docks at 8 and there's a flight out of FLL that leaves at 11:05. I have been checking to see if I could purchase FTTF, but no luck Any ideas if we'd be able to make that flight?

Carry your luggage off and you should have NO problem.

When we cruised from Port Everglades, we would have had no problem making this flight. We did self assist off the ship, jumped in a taxi and were at the airport looking for coffee by 8. But you have to be organized and you have to set an alarm and get up early. You also stated you have kids...are you able to handle your luggage along with theirs if need be? How old are your kids. This is important to think about, because often times on self assist it is very difficult to get an elevator and we have had to take the stairs a few times. Would you be able to take the stairs with your luggage and theirs if you had to if they were not able? Just a thought. But as long as the ship is not delayed in any way, you should be fine making this flight.

This shouldn't be a problem. On Miracle back in 2011 I had planned a 1P departure and got to the airport early enough to take the 1130A flight.

We had self dis-embark and took our time after we cleared customs, having a couple smokes and a soft drink before hailing a taxi.

If we had gotten a taxi right away would have been even earlier to the airport.

Just did this but with an earlier flight. Our flight left at 10:10. Our port was port Everglades and we flew out of ft lauderdale. Self assist left the ship at 7:30 and we were in the airport just after 8:20 I believe. We would definitely do it again.

Did your itinerary said disembarkation was at 8am as well?

Was on the Conquest last year and had a flight leaving out of Ft lauderdale at 1230. Did early self disembark, stood in line the custom line for almost 3 hrs. Apparantly they only had one person working from 7am-9am. Not only that, the security line at FLL was quite long. Made my flight with 5 min to spare. That was the first and last time to book an early flight. Nowadays, I prefer to have a much later flight. Sometimes beaching it in Ft lauderdale for the day before going home. If it was Port of Miami, I would say no problem, but Pt Everglades has to be the worst port Ive ever been to.

We made a 9:45am flight out of FLL (and that was disembarking in Miami). But everything lined up absolutely perfectly that time. First ones off the ship with self assist, no lines at customs, friends waiting for us to drive us straight to the FLL airport, zero traffic, and zero lines at the security checkpoint (and we had checked in and pre-printed our boarding passes).

The last time we sailed from FLL we booked an 11:45am flight and we had more than plenty of time. We didn't even do early debarkation and we were at the airport with enough time to have a sit down breakfast and still have some time to kill before the flight.

Lines at the security checkpoint in FLL can be horrendous as the day progresses, but if you arrive very early in the morning, they are almost non-existent.

• 3 weeks later...
Just did this but with an earlier flight. Our flight left at 10:10. Our port was port Everglades and we flew out of ft lauderdale. Self assist left the ship at 7:30 and we were in the airport just after 8:20 I believe. We would definitely do it again.

similar experience this morning when we disembarked...did self-assist disembark, which started around 7:00...got to the airport around 8:30--plenty of time before our 10:45 flight