Breakfast on the Oasis

You may be the first person I have heard that likes the turkey bacon. :eek:

One of the guys in our group last month liked it too. I could not believe it.

Edited by clarea

Great thread. I'm adding some things here to my notes of tips. (I'm assuming it's the same on Allure)

Ha ha...I remember hearrig warnings of that turkey bacon before as well.

Edited by LuCruise

I figure that on sea days we will be using MDR for breakfast. For port days, since we are not early risers and want to avoid the crowd, will park cafe be the best choice for us? Is that the restaurant offering made to order omelette?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience the Park Cafe is pretty quick in the morning. There are signs all around the ship and on your room TV that show how busy each establishment is. This helped me discover that the wipeout cafe was open for breakfast and not busy. When I was on Allure in 2011 it wasn't open for breakfast.

Great thread. I'm adding some things here to my notes of tips. (I'm assuming it's the same on Allure)

Ha ha...I remember hearrig warnings of that turkey bacon before as well.

It should be the same. I imagine there are other people than me warning about the Turkey Bacon. I still think someone should do jail time for serving that!

You may be the first person I have heard that likes the turkey bacon. :eek:

Maybe this something I need to investigate again. I'll admit to frequently mentioning how bad that bacon is, but the only time I had it was May 1st 2011 on Alllure. I know I've raved about restaurants and taken people there only to be disappointed. Maybe I should try again. I could walk in get one piece of bacon and walk out. It wouldn't be the first time I've done something specifically for my reviews here on CC. ;)

Maybe this something I need to investigate again. I'll admit to frequently mentioning how bad that bacon is, but the only time I had it was May 1st 2011 on Alllure. I know I've raved about restaurants and taken people there only to be disappointed. Maybe I should try again. I could walk in get one piece of bacon and walk out. It wouldn't be the first time I've done something specifically for my reviews here on CC. ;)

I'll test it in 2 weeks on Allure and let you know :)

Taking one for the team, so to speak

I remember writing in my review that the bacon tasted like the carboard backing on the paper tablets they use to give us in grade school.

We have identified the problem. You shouldn't have eaten the cardboard backing :)

[quote name='WineDown17']Very excited for CK... [COLOR=Red]How many does that venue seat??[/COLOR] Looking forward to something more intimate than MDR. And I concur... Breakfast in room on port days really helps make mornings easier!!![/quote]
I would estimate about 50.

[quote name='PR Cruisers']Wipeout cafe was my spot for breakfast on last july Oasis. Less crowded than Windjammer and the made to order omelets available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

This is on my list of things to do on Oasis this spring. It wasn't available on Allure in 2011, I didn't look for it in 2013, but someone one from our roll call pointed out that the wipeout cafe was shown "in the green" on the monitors and sure enough, no crowds.

[quote name='BillOh']This is on my list of things to do on Oasis this spring. It wasn't available on Allure in 2011, I didn't look for it in 2013, but someone one from our roll call pointed out that the wipeout cafe was shown "in the green" on the monitors and sure enough, no crowds.[/QUOTE]

I went up there once on our April cruise and they were late opening, so I left.

[quote name='John&LaLa']I went up there once on our April cruise and they were late opening, so I left.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Do you remember what time that was? On Allure's sea days I probably wouldn't get there before 8:30am. Maybe with that advice I won't try it on an early port day.

[quote name='BillOh']Good to know. Do you remember what time that was? On Allure's sea days I probably wouldn't get there before 8:30am. Maybe with that advice I won't try it on an early port day.[/QUOTE]

It was right around 8. Pretty sure they were supposed to be open. There was at least one other couple there as well