The gamble didn't pay off

Vitality08

My room was assigned today, 26 days out from sailing.

We booked an interior guarantee and saved about $70 each. I don't really have a preference on room location but my friend was hoping for deck six mid. We got Riviera allllllll they way to the front. It's room 1203 on the Victory.

Does anyone have any experience with this room or one near it? I've sailed forward before but not this far forward.

This was my second time doing a guarantee. First time was a balcony guarantee and I was happy with assignment. This time I'm neutral. I'm more mad at myself because when we first looked at this cruise it was $199 pp and we got to pick our own room. By the time we booked it was $309 pp. When the sail popped up we switched to guarantee and paid $229 pp. We should have just booked when we first thought about it.

Oh well. Still happy to be cruising in 26 days.

We booked an interior guarantee and saved about $70 each. I don't really have a preference on room location but my friend was hoping for deck six mid. We got Riviera allllllll they way to the front. It's room 1203 on the Victory.

Does anyone have any experience with this room or one near it? I've sailed forward before but not this far forward.

This was my second time doing a guarantee. First time was a balcony guarantee and I was happy with assignment. This time I'm neutral. I'm more mad at myself because when we first looked at this cruise it was $199 pp and we got to pick our own room. By the time we booked it was $309 pp. When the sail popped up we switched to guarantee and paid $229 pp. We should have just booked when we first thought about it.

I've had a few 1A rooms all the way forward. The good news is that you won't need to set the telephone wake up alarm as the sound of the thrusters will do that just as well.

If you are prone to sea sickness, being so far forward can be a problem. If you like the rocking, then it's a plus.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've had a few 1A rooms all the way forward. The good news is that you won't need to set the telephone wake up alarm as the sound of the thrusters will do that just as well.

If you are prone to sea sickness, being so far forward can be a problem. If you like the rocking, then it's a plus.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've had 1A's before. One cruise, yes I was awaken because of the thrusters or whatever it was. This room is a 4A. I'm sure it'll be fine. We'll need to get up early on port days anyway so I'm okay with that.

Does the room at least have a port hole? If so, I actually set out to book those because of the price as a solo cruiser:D I was ok in the ones that I booked. Yes the there will be noise/waves on the front of the ship, so if that might be a bother, bring some ear plugs. There will be some noticeable movement, but in my experience both the noise and the movement were tolerable. Hope you have a good cruise anyway:)

On the Imagination last year to save a bit of money I booked a Porthole Room with my son. Yep, it was bottom of the boat and we heard something scrapping the boat . :). I LOVED the portholes and the cozy little nook (put pillows).

What saved me on the noise? The A.C. Switch was on the roof and I cranked it up to the highest! That 'white noise' as a great buffer.

:). Bobbi

Hope you have a great cruise! Fingers crossed you get an upsell call from Carnival for a great deal. :)

That happened to me as well. I was a nervous wreck. It turned out to be fine. I actually liked the room because it seemed bigger than the regular inside cabins. Take earplugs if you're a light sleeper. You only hear the noise while in port.

I checked the deck plan after my previous post and see now that 1203 is an interior (no porthole). OP, hope that you can either upgrade the room at minimal cost, or if you can manage, go with this one "with earplugs". Either way I wish you a great cruise.:)