Has this ever happened to anyone?

NYGirl1002

About a month ago I booked the Valor from Port Canaveral to Southern Caribbean. I was specifically interested in this cruise because I'd like to go to Aruba. This was for Sept., 2016.

We also went ahead and booked FTTF ahead of time and paid for it.

Today I went on to my account to look at excursions and I find the whole itinerary was changed! I was never even notified. Aruba was changed to San Juan and Bonaire was changed to St. Marten.

Needless to say I'm scrambling now to find another cruise that meets my needs. I has to be Carnival since I already bought gift cards.

I'm looking at the Conquest from Ft. Lauderdale leaving the same day. However we had planned a couple of days at Disney first so now I'll have to drive down on the day of the cruise.

Edited by NYGirl1002

Yes! A bunch of us had booked the Splendor in Dec 2016 to Panama and Costa Rica. A few weeks ago Carnival changed the entire itinerary to the usual stops - Belize, Roatan, and Cayman. Cozumel was the only one that stayed the same. Talk about a downer! Those are the same old stops - how they thought everyone would be happy with the change is beyond me.

Anyway, I'm assuming you will get an email at some point. If you want, you can cancel with zero penalty if you request it within 24 hours of receiving the notification.

Edited by cruisin*tigger

Thank you buddylover. It's so frustrating, especially since it's ever happened to me before.

I've never booked this far out either. But I figured I could take my time to pay it off and maybe get some more discounted gift cards.

It's a small hiccup since the Conquest leaves the same day. But of course it's more money than the Valor.

WOW. What's going on the Carnival lately?? What a bummer:mad:

They changed our port from Freeport to Half Moon Cay for the Ecstasy at the end of February 2016. Never any notification, just happened to notice it on the shipmate app. I'm thrilled with the changed but would've liked to have been notified!

We have had port changes, but we got emails. I would say if you lost 2 ports you really wanted to go to, call and speak with them and see if there's another ship that week that goes there. Maybe you can reason with them to not charge the change fee since they changed the itinerary and you are no longer interested in the new one?

Happened to my cruise for next year. I asked my PVP what I could do to switch, he said he would get back with me. Never did. Two days after the email I called and switched cruises myself. They tried to charge me too. I politely told them that they changed 3 of the 4 ports so I wasn't willing to pay to change to a cruise that went where I wanted to go. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they waived the fee. It did cancel my FTTF and I had to buy one for the new cruise I booked. Luckily there were some still available.