Breeze vs. Glory

Shutterlady

I just can't decide which cruise to do. I really really want to sail on the Breeze, my last cruise was on the Glory and it was great. I booked the Glory already, but am second guessing myself.

If we do the Breeze out of Galveston we would get only 3 ports and 1 extra sea day...Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

If we do the Glory out of Miami we would get 4 ports...Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk with one less sea day.

We've been to all of those places except Half Moon Cay or Montego Bay.

Almost the same price, the only difference is we live in California so the air fare would be a bit more to fly to Ft. Lauderdale. Both 7 days cruises. Has anyone done either of these or both and which did you find was more fun???

Thanks

I liked Breeze because they have the ropes course & 2 water slides. Both ships have Guy's Burgers if I remember correctly. Only downside to Breeze is no Alchemy Bar.

On the 2 itineraries you listed, I like the Glory one better. Now that I know where to go in Grand Turk, (Jack's Shack) I like the port a lot.

I liked Breeze because they have the ropes course & 2 water slides. Both ships have Guy's Burgers if I remember correctly. Only downside to Breeze is no Alchemy Bar.

On the 2 itineraries you listed, I like the Glory one better. Now that I know where to go in Grand Turk, (Jack's Shack) I like the port a lot.

That is true. No Alchemy on the Breeze. Man, I love that bar.

Personally, I would pick the Glory for the ports. I live about 30 minutes from Galveston so we have done the Grand Cayman/Jamaica/Cozumel ports many times. We were on the Glory in April and did the itinerary you mentioned and loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I have been on both and going on breeze again been on glory 4 times I think don't think there's a huge difference. I personally am a cigar smoker and like the cigar lounge on the glory on the breeze only place to smoke is outside. You'll see a bigger difference on another cruise line rock climbing, etc. They have the ropes course on the breeze and the 2 water slides but I didn't really use them. Oh the other thing I didn't like about the breeze is the balconies above deck5 don't look right down to the ocean they look down on the deck 5

We went on both Back to Back out of Miami. We loved both. The Carnival Breeze is less crowded and has more food options. The Comedy Club is smaller on the Carnival Breeze (strange since it is a bigger ship). The Carnival Glory does have many food options but less than Carnival Breeze. The food was very good on both. Since you've been on Carnival Glory, I guess you know about the Fish and Chips (at the back of the buffet & up the stairs), one food option the Carnival Breeze doesn't have.

We rarely go on a cruise ship twice, but if we were to chose, it would be Carnival Breeze. Let me know if you have any questions. We have lots of answers. :):):):)

Edited by cruiseclues

I'm not at all familiar with Montego Bay. Whether it is nice there or what to do there.

The last time we were in Jamaica (January 2015), we booked a day pass at Secrets resort. It's a beautiful place, staff was great. They have pools, hot tub, beach, bars, dining beach towels. All inclusive. We booked through the ship at about $109, which included transportation, but found out later that you can book direct through the resort for much less. Cab ride was about 5-10 minutes.

Good luck in your choice. Have not been on the Breeze and I am sailing on the Glory in January, so I can't really say.

However, I live near Toronto and the difference between a flight to Miami vs Fort Lauderdale was $10. I can't imagine it would be much different from California.

Love all those ports on either cruise, heck, I just love cruising so good luck with your choice...

Kimm

We've sailed on both Breeze and Glory and have visited all these ports. If you've never been to Half Moon Cay, you need to go. Absolutely the best beach we've visited. Breeze has a lot of fun bells and whistles, though, so if you're sailing for the ship rather than the itinerary it has an edge on Glory. (As you can see from my signature, though, we like Glory a lot.)