When do you feel your vacation has started?

TBone2K

Was just reading a question about muster drill and got me wondering, when do you feel your vacation has actually started? This isn't really a survey, but here are some things I have heard others say:

Get off the plane?

Hear the "bing" at checkin?

Pull away from the pier?

Have the first drink in your hand?

Get your roast beef sandwich?:)

I'm going to throw out an odd one from my own list above since I just realized this... Certain my stress level drops considerably after getting on the ship. However after muster is done is when I feel I have really started vacation, because it is the last thing you are required to do. Everything else after that is up to me.

What about the rest of you?

Edited by TBone2K

Since we usually get in at least a day ahead, I would say it starts when we check into the hotel - so not until whatever travel from airport to hotel is done.

We try and do some relaxing/sightseeing the day before, so that counts. Also the muster drill doesn't impact my mindset at all. If I have been on the ship since 11 am - drinking, eating and relaxing my vacation is started :D We typically have tours booked or other things scheduled so the muster drill falls into that category for me.

The minute the car is loaded, ready for our drive to the airport hotel overnight, and when we turn the key in the door for the last time!

But my stress levels really drop when we have checked in at the airport and we see our suitcases disappearing along the conveyor belt, then I really AM in holiday mood and the excitement builds from there on. :)

For me it's probably once my luggage gets to my cabin that I completely, 100% relax - although stepping onto the ship is a really fantastic feeling.

Usually my husband had managed to get himself drinks, have a swim in the pool (he packs his trunks in hand luggage) and eat a meal or sometimes even two knowing him whilst I am nervously awaiting the cabin notification and hoping there's no problems with my luggage. Once I see my suitcase, phew! No more worries :)

I have to agree with the others. When the luggage is unpacked and the appointments are made is when it begins. The searching for where we are going to be seated is all part of the adventure.

The muster drill is kind of stuck in between the middle of things sometimes because some people from c/c are trying to hook up for the sale away.

Mine is when I get home from the last day of work and take my shoes off but I like everybody else's response also. I know the cruise is coming and having work finished makes me happy.

I feel the vacation when I leave work for the last time before vacation.

Yep! Whenever I set my 'out of office' message the vacation begins. I'll usually have my cruise music blasting in my car as I cruise down the highway getting passed by all the people who are rushing to get here and there. Not me... I'm already in cruise mode.