When do you feel your vacation has started?

TBone2K

For me it starts as soon as I set the out of office reply on my email! which will be about 72 hours before we sail!

I like to make vacation last as long as I can. :)

For our upcoming cruise we are travelling with friends. We have pedicures and manicures booked for the four of us Saturday afternoon, followed by dinner out together on the Saturday evening.

We fly in to FL on Sunday, arriving in time for a late dinner and drinks.....

Of course the best is that first cocktail on board....then you know you're vacation!!

For me it starts during during those pre-flight jittery moments prior to leaving Cleveland on the flight out. I will usually kick it off with a specialty coffee or a cocktail depending on the time of day.

Edited by anjomojo

When I log off my work computer.. But I enjoy the east coast sunrises and usually watch my ship roll in from beach or causeway and I get so excited!!! 13 days away.. Oasis here I come!!

Edited by Hozhoni

I actually have multiple steps on this one :D

Vacation starts (in the "Ahahahah there's no way work could get hold of me if they wanted to so now I am going to fully unplug and relax")

This was a great post, I could have wrote something similar, but I highlighted my AMEN! part of it. I don't have any ill feelings toward people who need and use the internet on a cruise, but I totally unplug.

You did remind me of a moment from my 2014 cruise. We sailed a catamaran to Nevis and were waiting for a BBQ on the beach. It was 11am and I cracked open a Carib beer and thought, "I'm not at work" That was an extenuation of the cruise just starting train of thought.

I'm in the "when I pull out of my driveway" group!

I am loving this thread. Maybe because I'm still 200+ out with a winter to get through. I guess I have multi-levels of getting there.

I think we might all agree the big back to reality is the luggage days on your bed when you come back from dinner on the last evening! (Yea, I know you B2Bers are smiling, but yours ends too! :D

At the end of that last day of work, as soon as I get through the revolving door of the office building I work in and take a big deep breath of outside air. And then I smile ... because the adventure is already begun.

Vacation air even feels different though its the same air you breathed on the way in!

For me it starts as soon as I set the out of office reply on my email! which will be about 72 hours before we sail!

The company I work for is on Mississauga's biggest employer list, so maybe we know the same feeling! :D

Holiday mode for me starts once I have booked the holiday, I love doing research and getting useful information from sites like this.:p

We almost always stay at a hotel by the airport the night before flying, not because we live so far away. I love spending the night at the airport, getting to the hotel mid afternoon, doing night before luggage drop when available. Having a meal land-side in the airport and getting up the next morning feeling refreshed and taking a slow walk into the terminal. It's great just walking to departures, without the horrendous queues to check in:D