Glory Story

kerryincork

Well I have arrived in Dublin after an uneventful drive. I'm staying at the Travel Lodge in swords which is 'Cheap and Cheerful' and about a 20 min drive to airport. I got the bus to the city (33 or 41) it's mid day so traffic not to bad & journey took about 30 min. Where I will meet up with a Dublin friend:-) I will update almost daily where I can. I will include those practical observations to help my fellow travellers.

I'm doing the western glory itinerary. at Dublin airport port now. I woke early so left hotel at 08:20 traffic not to bad. I'm using the red express car park there was an Autumn deal parking is €4.50 per day. I think it is usually double this. I'm currently drinking a cuppachino at Butlers on after passing through security so leaving hotel to now was an hour. I also bought some makeup on my way through duty free ; -) I have 1 hour 30 to make my connecting flight in Heathrow.

I've been through that airport many times so I think I will be ok ☺

Hubby and I are sitting in the airport waiting to board the plane that will take us to the Glory!!! We have to fly across the country to do it so it will be a long day but so worth it when we step on the ship tomorrow!

I just booked the Glory last night - I'll be doing the Western over the Thanksgiving holidays. I've never been on the Glory - so I'm excited to experience something different (kind of) - I know she's a sister to the Conquest..

Also for those who question whether it is helpful using a PVP rather than booking online yourself - even though I check on what cabins are available and the ones I'm interested in before I call my PVP, this time I am using the Pack & Play rate (basically a free interior room) and saw that there were cabins open on Verandah which I was very happy with - BUT when I called my PVP to book, he said "I can get you on the Lido for the same price." That was not something that showed as available on line.

I've always wanted to stay on the Lido so I'm very glad that I have a great PVP!

Well yesterday was a very eventful day. I made good time to Dublin airport, but unfortunately my plane was delayed by an hour 😤 when I landed in London Heathrow I had 40 min to make my connection. I had a lovely run through the airport. Luck was with me as I just caught the transfer bus and there was only a few people in front of me at passport control and security, but once in terminal 5 I had to run to my boarding gate had been called. I made it to the gate and they had just started boarding priority seats. I met up with my DA in the queue. I was sitting in economy + and DA was in economy so I got to board straight away. I got comfortable and suddenly my DA was next to me she had gotten a free upgrade ☺

If you have filled the ESTA online you can skip the long que at emergration and put your details yourself at the kiosks provided . There is then a very short que where an emergration officer stamps your passport. My DA made a mistake when she was filling her's in and got sent to a longer que. I went through and collected our luggage. My DA was soon with me again. Another short que at customs and we were in Miami 😀 went out side and shuttle bus to Days Inn just pulled up and away we were. All In All from the plane landing To Sitting On Bus Was 1 hour

Well we're one of the first ones at cruise terminal, as our shuttle bus from hotel collected us at 09.30. There was no ques we very quick through security and check-in. We board with zone 1, which is directly after fttf folks. I've seen groups of people being taken to a different area on the floor above us. There are more people coming in now but ques are still very short. There are about 400 chairs in terminal and these are about half full now.

We stayed at the Day's Inn near the airport as they provide free shuttle service from airport and to Miami port. the hotel itself was a bit worn around the edges but clean. All the staff were friendly and helpful. This morning we took a five minute walk to the I-Hop which is 3 blocks away from hotel. There was a good selection of food but we both had crepes 😊 just as well as I am getting hungry again now and I expect at least another hour to wait before boarding if not longer ☺

I'm hoping to find calamari in the fish and chips bar on deck 10.