Question re Cruise Planner letting me book Coastal Kitchen as Spa Junior Suite guest

My spouse and I are sailing very shortly on the Anthem TA. We'd been booked in a balcony and very happy with that, but this morning, with some prices drops on the Spa Junior Suite, we decided to really treat ourselves. :)

Here's my question. I realize the SJ isn't actually a suite in terms of suite perks, but I have read on here that some folks at least in the SJs on Anthem have been allowed to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen. I just checked my Cruise Planner and in fact it is allowing me to book Coastal Kitchen for dinner. If I go ahead and do so, does that mean they will really let us in (we won't have those gold sea pass cards :) )? I don't want to create any problems on board, or give up any reservations at the other venues we've booked if they actually won't let us into Coastal Kitchen.

Thanks for any advice!

My spouse and I are sailing very shortly on the Anthem TA. We'd been booked in a balcony and very happy with that, but this morning, with some prices drops on the Spa Junior Suite, we decided to really treat ourselves. :)

Here's my question. I realize the SJ isn't actually a suite in terms of suite perks, but I have read on here that some folks at least in the SJs on Anthem have been allowed to eat dinner in Coastal Kitchen. I just checked my Cruise Planner and in fact it is allowing me to book Coastal Kitchen for dinner. If I go ahead and do so, does that mean they will really let us in (we won't have those gold sea pass cards :) )? I don't want to create any problems on board, or give up any reservations at the other venues we've booked if they actually won't let us into Coastal Kitchen.

Thanks for any advice!

Yes...you can enjoy dinner in Coastal Kitchen as a SJS guest. Book it and enjoy!

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Book it and enjoy. We were in a JS on the Quantum and the only thing we regret is not booking more dinners here before the cruise. We thought the food and service were both outstanding - but then we are not overly fussy so long as the food is good and we are treated like guests and not cattle. Really enjoyed it!

Thanks! I know food is subjective, but any "musts" at CK? Also, which of the included venues would you skip to eat at CK?

Thanks again!

We ate there two, if not three times, on Q last year. I remember the lamb was fantastic. Can't recall what I had the other times. Likely too much time in the sun by that point!

Thanks! I know food is subjective, but any "musts" at CK? Also, which of the included venues would you skip to eat at CK?

Thanks again!

The musts for us were all their flat breads, enjoyed their grilled pawns and arugula salad, entrees would be, rack of lamb chops and beef tenderloin. I did not like their fisherman stew, clams and mussels were tiny and way too much tomato sauce, the dish would have been good served with pasta.

We were Quantum 3X and we have yet to go to American Icon, just didn't like their menu and only went to Silk once. IMO, those would be the only 2 places to skip for dinner, everyone is different. You'll enjoy CK, if your an adventurous eater, you'll also enjoy Wonderland.

So do all JS (all categories...JS, FJS, etc) have access to Coastal Kitchen on Q Class? Just for dinner, or all the time?

Luke, we were in a SJS on Quantum twice and had access to CK for all 3 meals. Don't know if things have changed yet on Anthem, we'll see next month if we can eat 3 meals in CK in a SJS. When the new Suite benefits go into effect May 2016, CK on Anthem is listed as dinner only for all JS, SJS, FJS.

Luke, we were in a SJS on Quantum twice and had access to CK for all 3 meals. Don't know if things have changed yet on Anthem, we'll see next month if we can eat 3 meals in CK in a SJS. When the new Suite benefits go into effect May 2016, CK on Anthem is listed as dinner only for all JS, SJS, FJS.

It will be interesting to see how it is on Anthem when she comes to the US. When we were on in June CK was dinner only for those in JS, FJS and SJS.

Thanks everyone for the food tips. We have CK booked for the first night, and we'll see how it goes. :)

I will also report back as to whether we have access for any other meal, although I'm not expecting it.

Please do Turtles06. I would love to be able to have breakfast at CK, just booked dinner there for our Anthem cruise in February, so pleased our JS allows us access to this lovely restaurant.

Jonathan

Thanks everyone for the food tips. We have CK booked for the first night, and we'll see how it goes. :)

I will also report back as to whether we have access for any other meal, although I'm not expecting it.

Thank you and enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

One note on CK. On the Quantum the CK only served salad and sandwiches for lunch on port days. Not sure if this changed for Anthem. Also if you are in a JS or any other suite you are allowed to bring guests from non-suites. If you link their reservation to yours you can even book the CK for your entire party JS and non JS guests.

Agree the flatbread is great as well as the Lobster.

We were in a junior suite on the Quantum New Jersey to Barcelona. We went for breakfast each morning (no reservation needed) and for several dinners - reservations needed. I believe same policy then as now on those ships. Enjoyed our food... (and LOVED THE QUANTUM!) If your upcoming reservation

let's you book Coastal Kitchen, that means no problem. PS - I suggest you print out a copy of your Cruise Calendar which will show all of your dining reservations - as well as all activities and shore excursions - JUST IN CASE OF TECHNICAL ISSUES on the cruise... We'll be on the Anthem Nov/Dec.

We were on the Quantum in April at Coastal kitchen for dinner and the Captain came through the restaurant , greeted and spoke to each table. Not sure if that happens every night but it was nice to see his interest in the passengers.

• 2 weeks later...