No change in bringing beverages on

cr8tiv1

I decided to start a new thread rather than post on two separate threads about bringing water and cans of soda on board. I had mentioned including your vote against the new policy on your surveys. Someone was smart enough to mention posting something on Princess' Facebook page. So I did just that.

It took a couple of days and a couple of people "liked" my concern. Then I asked if Princess would respond. I was pleasantly surprised when they did with the following quoted message:

Princess Cruises A recent revision of the Cruise Answer Book incorrectly stated the policy for bringing soda and water onboard, and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. At this time, no changes have been made. We will be sure to advise our guests if these policies do change.

Kudos to Princess. 99% of the time, I have very positive dealings with Princess and their customer service department. I also did send an email to Princess with this same concern and received a personal phone call. Unfortunately, she just quoted from the book. So I am glad we now have it in writing and all of our worries and complaints can be laid to rest...until further notice.

I decided to start a new thread rather than post on two separate threads about bringing water and cans of soda on board. I had mentioned including your vote against the new policy on your surveys. Someone was smart enough to mention posting something on Princess' Facebook page. So I did just that.

It took a couple of days and a couple of people "liked" my concern. Then I asked if Princess would respond. I was pleasantly surprised when they did with the following quoted message:

Princess Cruises A recent revision of the Cruise Answer Book incorrectly stated the policy for bringing soda and water onboard, and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused. At this time, no changes have been made. We will be sure to advise our guests if these policies do change.

Kudos to Princess. 99% of the time, I have very positive dealings with Princess and their customer service department. I also did send an email to Princess with this same concern and received a personal phone call. Unfortunately, she just quoted from the book. So I am glad we now have it in writing and all of our worries and complaints can be laid to rest...until further notice.

Good! Hope it remains the same! By buying what is called a Fridge Mate, which is a pack of 10 cans of Sprite, from my local supermarket, I can get them for under $1 a can, which would save, based on the prices posted by another Cruise Critic member, enough to buy myself 2 extra Mocktails on the cruise.

We've never taken soda on board any cruise we've been on. But this time, I think I'll buy a 12/pack of diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale. I do bring some Crystal Light for a nice beverage on Lido, and we bring our own D'Vita SF cappuccino for our coffee in the morning. Every little bit saves money and the 15% tip on top of it!

Great to hear! A diet pepsi in the morning is a must for me. (not proud of that). My daughter drinks lots of water and I just prefer having a cold bottle ready in the fridge.

Me, too. It is very convenient to have some bottles of water and a couple of Diet Cokes in the fridge in the cabin. We like our bottled water for taking our daily meds and vitamins.

Would you mind providing a link to the reply? I can't seem to find it on Facebook.

Don't think there is a direct link. Princess replied to several of us on their Facebook page and at least two of us posted their identical reply in those other threads referred to by the OP. No worries.

Thank goodness for this. We love Pepsi, not coke, and diet ginger, along

with sparkling water. We always take two 12 packs of these, along with

our water. This would make a great change in our choice of cruise companies.

We are also elite- but change out to coffee cards.

Thank goodness for this. We love Pepsi, not coke, and diet ginger, along

with sparkling water. We always take two 12 packs of these, along with

our water. This would make a great change in our choice of cruise companies.

We are also elite- but change out to coffee cards.

Also a Pepsi fan. Specifically Caffeine Free Pepsi.

cactusrose, I don't know if this will be verification enough. I wouldn't print it out and declare it to be the absolute if questioned by Princess when boarding with a case of water.

Thanks but printing out and showing it to them is not my intention. I don't bring water or soda on board. I just wanted to see where you can post questions like this on Facebook.