riviera b4 vs.concierge

kjts

Hi

Going on Riviera in a couple of weeks Is it worth upgrading from a B4 Veranda to an A Concierge? I know the room size is the same. The concierge offers a computer in the room and a bottle of bubbly. Any suggestions? thanks

We have booked a Concierge class room for our upcoming cruise for several reasons & key among them is that Concierge class passengers are given priority for dining in specialty restaurants. On our last O cruise we were limited to one night in each specialty restaurant & were told that Concierge cabins experienced more leniency in booking. We found this frustrating.

We also plan to make use of the spa deck - on Azamara I used the parallel privilege every single day & loved it.

Different strokes for different folks! On the cruise we've booked (Feb 2, 2016, Riviera) we got Concierge class for the price of an interior cabin through a promotion, so why on earth not?

o

Sounds like a good promotion. Would you mind sharing where you saw this promotion. DH and I are also looking at this cruise on Feb 2, 2016. We are waiting for the price to come down a bit. The cruise we are looking at is on the Riviera.

Please let me know. Hope it is still available. Thank you.

o

We have booked a Concierge class room for our upcoming cruise for several reasons & key among them is that Concierge class passengers are given priority for dining in specialty restaurants. On our last O cruise we were limited to one night in each specialty restaurant & were told that Concierge cabins experienced more leniency in booking. We found this frustrating.

We also plan to make use of the spa deck - on Azamara I used the parallel privilege every single day & loved it.

Different strokes for different folks! On the cruise we've booked (Feb 2, 2016, Riviera) we got Concierge class for the price of an interior cabin through a promotion, so why on earth not?

Sounds like a great deal, but keep in mind on Riviera Concierge only gets 1 advance reservation per specialty restaurant regardless of the length of cruise. Extra reservations can be had once on board, but I don't really think being in a Concierge room gets you any priority for that. What it will get you is the ability to make those reservations earlier. Here is a chart showing how many days before your cruise each category is allowed to book.

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Advance reservations may be made on the date final payment is due and has been received, which varies between 90 and 150 days, depending on length of sailing.

Penthouse Suite

Reservations may be made 75 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

Concierge Level Veranda

Reservations may be made 60 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

All Other Categories

Reservations may be made 45 days prior to sailing, if the booking is paid in full.

On the other hand on the 4 R class ships, depending on the length of your cruise, you are able to get additional reservations by booking Concierge. Here is another chart that will help with how many you get on each type of ship in each category.

Marina and Riviera

Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

All cruises: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena

Concierge Level Veranda and above

Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant

Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant

All other categories

Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant

We rec'd a brochure & the price looked attractive...so in the oceania website I asked for on-line assistance & within minutes had a call back from their HQ. The representative offered me a MUCH better deal than the already attractive brochure price. When I asked why he said that it had been 3 years since we'd been on an O ship & they wanted us back. Works for me!!!!

I should add that part of this promotion allows us to include 'friends & family' in the same pricing. It really is a wonderful deal.

Edited by shedridt

We rec'd a brochure & the price looked attractive...so in the oceania website I asked for on-line assistance & within minutes had a call back from their HQ. The representative offered me a MUCH better deal than the already attractive brochure price. When I asked why he said that it had been 3 years since we'd been on an O ship & they wanted us back. Works for me!!!!

I should add that part of this promotion allows us to include 'friends & family' in the same pricing. It really is a wonderful deal.

I did get an email today for Past Guest only specials. Pricing on some cruises looked real good.

Are you in the USA?

Yes....BUT I never got an e-mail about this. The good deal came about as a result of filling out the request for info on the O website with respect to this cruise. I asked if this would have happened with respect to any passenger for any cruise, & the rep said no....it was for prior cruisers as a retention move.

Edited by shedridt