Fly2Fun - Air Transportation From Carnival

Mr305

Has anyone booked their air transportation via Carnival's Fly2Fun program? If yes, have you been able to select your seats? How long did it take to show up on Carnival's website? How do you select seats? A quick summary would be helpful. Just booked mine using the new program, wanted to get an idea of how the seat selection works and how long it takes to show up under your booking.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6569

Edited by Mr305

I have never used it for flights because I can usually score flights much cheaper :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a new program and to my surprise, it's cheaper than any online deal out there. I saved over $150 per person when booking a direct flight.

This is a new program and to my surprise, it's cheaper than any online deal out there. I saved over $150 per person when booking a direct flight.

Direct or nonstop? A Direct flight usually means a stop before your final destination.

That's a good savings, but usually when booking through the cruise company, flying in the day of the cruise. This alone causes concern for some travelers.

If you happen to find a cheaper fare, can you cancel Carnival's program?

Direct or nonstop? A Direct flight usually means a stop before your final destination.

That's a good savings, but usually when booking through the cruise company, flying in the day of the cruise. This alone causes concern for some travelers.

If you happen to find a cheaper fare, can you cancel Carnival's program?

I booked a non-stop flight, online it was going for $1592 via Kayak and Google.com/Flights. Once you got redirected to American, they gave you a $100 discount, leaving it at $1492. After contacting Carnival to compare, I got the flight for $1317 per person, $174 off American's reduced price. As long as you are 60 or more days from your sailing, you can cancel without any penalties or make modifications. In fact, as I understood it, if you find a cheaper price you can call back to cancel the first booking then book again with the new price. Additionally, if you book their flexible flights, you don't have to give a penny down. Flight is paid off at the same time as the cruise, so not bad at all given the cost of airfare when traveling to Europe.

Edited by Mr305

This program is probably the smartest thing Carnival has done in a long time. I 've used CCL fly away program, they'll get you to the ship but going home you're on your own. I would consider using this program if the price was right and I got the flights I want.

Gary

This is a good thing (we are booked on the Conquest Jan. 31, 2016) . . . I originally booked "Fly Aweigh" for $359 and who knows what flights they would have put us on. Now with the flexible Fly2Fun program, we are paying $306 per person. It's good to know that we have decent flights.

• 1 year later...
Usually, once you get your flight assignment, you can go onto the airlines site and pick your seats.

I do not believe that this is the case. We tried this when it first came out. When we found out that you could not pick your seats until you had paid the full fare (which was not required until shortly before the flight), we cancelled the booking and went back to booking our own reservations.

I do not believe that this is the case. We tried this when it first came out. When we found out that you could not pick your seats until you had paid the full fare (which was not required until shortly before the flight), we cancelled the booking and went back to booking our own reservations.

We've used Flytofun twice and have been able to pick our seats the same day we booked the flights.

• 1 month later...

If the prices are comparable to booking myself, I would definitely take this option! Flying from Michigan in the winter is a gamble because of winter weather. Fly2Fun will make any accommodations for you at no cost in this event! We used to fly in a day early in case our flight was delayed which cost additional expenses in a hotel room, meals, transportation, etc.

HI, i was wondering where do you find the fly to the fun option and how soon from your departure date can you book it?

It's not available online yet, you have to call 1-800-CARNIVAL and speak with an agent. Here's their webpage with more info: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3110/~/carnivals-fly2fun-air-program---pre-booking-questions

• 1 month later...