SWEET (maybe), just got upgraded

rp23g7

Can anyone tell me about E401? Just got "upgraded" from L115, which is the very forward cabin on the top, starboard side of Regal, to E401, from the look of it, is at the aft end of the 3rd life boat on the starboard side, above Facets and Meridian Bay on the Promenade. Thanks everyone in advance.

Can anyone tell me about E401? Just got "upgraded" from L115, which is the very forward cabin on the top, starboard side of Regal, to E401, from the look of it, is at the aft end of the 3rd life boat on the starboard side, above Facets and Meridian Bay on the Promenade. Thanks everyone in advance.

We had L115 on the Royal. It had 100% unobstructed view.

891230032123014RoyalPrincesscabinL115-viewofbalconyDSC03997_zpsecf98347.jpg

E401 is a "deluxe" balcony cabin, the cabin is a bit bigger and includes a loveseat, small sofa, where L115 does not have the loveseat. Nice to have the loveseat IMHO.

yeah i figured the "obstruction" was the overhang of the upper deck

Overhang is not considered an obstruction.

Original ship design had the glass part of the balcony be a steel plate instead. That is when the cabin was designated as obstructed.

Next year L115 is being reclassified as a more expensive unobstructed balcony cabin.

• 1 month later...
I should have not taken that upgrade, instead of a view of the water, I hade a view of the life boat. Oh well, bigger cabin, smaller balcony. .....next cruise.....

Depending on how accurate these cabin numbers are it may not be as bad as you are imagining.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

I did not take a full balcony picture, but here are some taken from the balcony.

One of the life boat davits was to the right of center of the balcony and the top of the lifeboat was even with the deck.

There was a cable running across from the davit to the next one, I had to stand on the chair to get a semi unobstructed picture.

You can see the railing on the balcony next to us how it angles out, the next door cabin gets a bigger balcony, not sure what size the room is.

IMG_0314_zpsqgrgp1nk.jpg

IMG_9999_zpsmtaicem6.jpg

IMG_9993_zpsusvpu54o.jpg

IMG_0316_zpsaocyw5sw.jpg

Edited by rp23g7

OP did take the upgrade and did not need to imagine. They came back to post that E401 has a lifeboat in front of the balcony.

Yes, I didn't notice the date of the OP's original post. Also, unfortunate that they didn't get a good picture that could have been added to renmar's site.