Head Waiter

cruiserjanet

I was interested in this thread, because I didn't know if Princess still had head waiters.

We did a 10 day on the Ruby and April and never saw anyone at our table in the MDR except our waiter and his assistant.

It was our first Princess cruise since the 90's and we remembered the head-waiters back then. I have a great photo if one preparing cherry's jubilee --- it was a long time along when they actually flambeed dishes.

We'll be on the Crown next month for another 10 day -- maybe we'll see a head waiter this time -- it sounds like they still have them. (we don't really care, as long as our service is good)

Why do you want the head waiter to drop by your table? If everything is good

you don't need to speak with him. I would rather just eat my dinner and be left alone. As far as tipping i only tip the people that do the work to have a great dinner, never tip the head waiter or the matri-d They make more money then the rest of the staff and have never made my dinning any better.

I was interested in this thread, because I didn't know if Princess still had head waiters.

We did a 10 day on the Ruby and April and never saw anyone at our table in the MDR except our waiter and his assistant.

It was our first Princess cruise since the 90's and we remembered the head-waiters back then. I have a great photo if one preparing cherry's jubilee --- it was a long time along when they actually flambeed dishes.

We'll be on the Crown next month for another 10 day -- maybe we'll see a head waiter this time -- it sounds like they still have them. (we don't really care, as long as our service is good)

There are usually 3-4 HW's per DR. After DR staff cutbacks over the years they now have a lot of ground to cover and cannot be everywhere at once.

We enjoy having them come by our table to make a Cherries Jubilee/Bananas Foster or prepare a special pasta or antipasto.

If they treat us to these special preparations we always tip extra as they work very hard. :)

Just curious what the duties of a Head Waiter are? I'm currently at the end of the 1st week of a 2 week cruise and our head waiter has only come by once. We are a table of 6. There is a table of 8 that he visits at least once or twice a night but he never even looks at our table nor does he stop by the other tables in our section.

I find it interesting when travelers pay attention to what is going on at other tables or with other passengers??? If you want attention ask to see/speak to the Head Waiter.

I find it interesting when travelers pay attention to what is going on at other tables or with other passengers??? If you want attention ask to see/speak to the Head Waiter.
Our waiter had an 8 or 10 top in addition to our table and that table demanded so much special from our waiters (they even had to get pillows to place on the seats for several short ladies) that it greatly slowed down our service after the second day we had our head waiter change us to another area. We paid attention to that table because they impacted our dining.