Singapore transfer from Marina Bay to Airport

dhy10565

We are ending our Celebrity Millennium cruise in Singapore. The ship has an overnight in Singapore. We have an early flight on Sun, Nov 22 so we need to pre-arrange a private land taxi from the Marina Bay Cruise Center to the Singapore Changi Airport. There are 4 of us in the group plus luggage. Can anyone recommend a private land taxi company ?

Also, do you know if we might have problems getting off the ship and out of the cruise port on a Sunday at 4:00 AM ? Will there be immigration/security officers available that early in the morning ?

Thank you very much.

Can't speak to the issue of departing the ship. I would think that you might just consider taking two taxis to the airport. Changi (SIN) is about 12 miles away and should take about 20 minutes by cab.

Since you are overnighting, you can accomplish any arrangements directly once you are in Singapore. You can see how immigration/customs/luggage is handled and make inquiries as to transport with the folks at the terminal.

Although taxis are not "cheap" as in some cities, they are reliable and plentiful in my experience.

Sorry that you aren't staying longer in SIN....great city. And the early morning departure (DL or UA I'd bet) means you can't really experience Changi. It's one of the top airports in the world, with amazing features.

There are taxis at the Marina and they are very reliable but I am not sure at that hour if there will be any. Sort of depends if they are doing disembarkation at that hour. You could post on the Asia ports of call board to see if someone has a recommendation. The taxis are quite good but you would need to taxis with the amount of luggage and people.

I have been at that terminal on disembarkation days following an overnight but cannot remember if they have immigration personnel on hand at that hour of the morning.

As FlyeTalker mentioned you might have to figure this one out when you are already on board the ship.

I would have a back up plan and that would be to book a hotel room for the night you arrive just in case you learn that they won't do disembarkation that early in the morning the following day. Once on board the ship you can find out and if you can disembark early than you just cancel your hotel reservation.

I think you are going to struggle to get off the ship at that time. You need to find out from the cruise line or port authority a definately earliest exit time. If it is too late for your flight then you will need to exit the day before as Keith 1010 says. To late at 4am to get up and not be allowed through until 6 or 7am!

• 1 month later...

This is just a followup to my question on transfer from Marina Bay Cruise Center to Changi airport with very early morning departure at 4:30am.

We just returned from our Celebrity cruise, ending with an overnight in Singapore. It was quick and smooth departing the ship at 4:30am in the morning. There were staffs available around the clock to process passengers on and off the ship. You should confirm and advise the Celebrity guest relations a few days before that you are leaving early.

I would recommend pre-arrange a transfer to the airport if you have a very early flight. I don't remember seeing any taxi when we got out of the cruise terminal at 4:30am. We pre-booked a private transfer with Blacklane.com a week before our trip. We also pre-booked the transfer with Blacklane.com for our Hong Kong hotel to Kai Tak cruise terminal. We had great service in both transfers, on time and clean business vans.

Hope this followup will help future cruisers in same situation as us.