Princess@Sea app

jillyfish

From that link:

"Princess@Sea is currently available on Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Dawn, Diamond, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Island, Regal, Royal, Ruby, Sapphire, Star & Sun Princess. The remaining ships in the fleet are scheduled to launch Princess@Sea by the end of 2015. Princess@Sea Messenger is currently available on all ships where Princess@Sea is available and will be rolled out to the rest of the fleet in the coming months."

That messenger is available on all ships which have Princess@Sea

doesn't seem to be consistent with reports here.

It would seem to be prudent to get a first-hand report from someone

who has used it on Emerald.

It is a free App (I have an iPhone) that you can download to your phone. It is available on Androids too (my husband has one). You do not need to sign up for Internet minutes on the ship. You will connect to the ship wifi and on the first connect, you sign up for an account. Then it's free to use!

I had a one minor issue which I hope they fix soon. When you turn your phone on and return to the App, it keeps asking you to login - every time. If you click on the link below the login boxes, it takes you to the Browser where you stay logged in.

Thank you.

Princess has been painfully slow at rolling this out.

It was hyped about a year ago in Princess email.

It was the pits on the Golden in late August. Sometimes it was 2 hours before you would receive a message (when it worked) and unless you were looking at your phone you would not know that you had received one.

Mike:)

Yeah - didn't behave like we were used to (instant notifications).

What I did like was that it had most of the events for the day listed so we could quickly check what was going on without carrying a paper with us. I wish they'd list the main dining room menu, that would have been helpful. Next version??

It is a free App (I have an iPhone) that you can download to your phone. It is available on Androids too (my husband has one). You do not need to sign up for Internet minutes on the ship. You will connect to the ship wifi and on the first connect, you sign up for an account. Then it's free to use!

Just off the Coral. We did not need to download anything ahead of time.

We logged on and that was it. ;)

We thought it was an effective tool to use on the Crown in September. There didn't seem to be any delay in receiving the messages. I do agree that it would be more effective if the app created a "sound" of some sort when a message arrived. We would occasionally miss seeing a message for a while because we weren't constantly looking to see if a new message had arrived.

I do agree that it would be more effective if the app created a "sound" of some sort when a message arrived.

I suspect the reason that there is no sound notification is that numerous such sounds are quite annoying to others during entertainment, at lectures, in the dining rooms, etc.

I suspect the reason that there is no sound notification is that numerous such sounds are quite annoying to others during entertainment, at lectures, in the dining rooms, etc.

Given princess' year long history of trying to roll out this app,

complete with withdrawing the app from the iTunes store at

least twice --- I think it's far more likely that notification sounds

are broken, rather than disabled.

Regardless, it's easy enough on android to handle notifications,

and take whatever action the user wishes.

:p The iOS/Android app is NOT functional currently on Caribbean Princess but the messenger is easy to use from the intranet website caribbean.princess.com using any browser! The only thing required to use the messenger function is to add your friends with their 7 character ID to your contact list! :D

That's not a good enough reason for me. People need to be courteous enough to shut off or silence the phone in those situations. It's the same as it would be if you were in theaters, lectures, meetings at the office, etc. on land. A tool shouldn't be created to cater to the 10% who might be inconsiderate passengers and make it ineffective for the 90% who know of to use today's social media technologies.

• 3 weeks later...
"Princess@Sea is currently available on Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Dawn, Diamond, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Island, Regal, Royal, Ruby, Sapphire, Star & Sun Princess. The remaining ships in the fleet are scheduled to launch Princess@Sea by the end of 2015. Princess@Sea Messenger is currently available on all ships where Princess@Sea is available and will be rolled out to the rest of the fleet in the coming months."

I have been looking at the android app a bit.

It looks to me like -- if you want to use princess@sea messenger on your

phone -- you use the app to log in, and the the app redirects to the browser

and loads:

<shipname>.princess.com/messages

Is this consistent with others' experience?

I had read that the IOS app simply redirected to the browser, but

it looks like the Android app does as well.

That's not a good enough reason for me. People need to be courteous enough to shut off or silence the phone in those situations. It's the same as it would be if you were in theaters, lectures, meetings at the office, etc. on land. A tool shouldn't be created to cater to the 10% who might be inconsiderate passengers and make it ineffective for the 90% who know of to use today's social media technologies.

Agree with BigGuy25, all it takes is common courtesy and common sense. BTW, why do they call it "common" sense when so few people seem to have it?!