pre Cruise hotel in Downtown Vancouver.

trinaM

Better place to ask this question is on the Canada/Alaska Coastal Ports Of Call Board.

Here is a list of hotels. I didn't list some of the closest ones as they might be too pricey but they would be Pan Pacific which is right at Canada Place and the Fairmont Waterfront right across the street from Canada Place.

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Auberge

The Metropolitan

Coast Coal Harbour

Rosewood Georgia

Delta Suites

le Soleil

The Wedgwood

The Metropolitan

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place

Sheraton at the Wall Centre

Keith

From the list... I like Blue Horizon, Sutton and Shagrila.... mainly for the Robson restaurants, shopping and signature liquor store. However, do not stay at Robson hotels on August 2, 2016.... it's total grid lock during the parade!

Amazing savings staying a few blocks away from the cruise terminal.

You are smart to stay a few days in Vancouver... lots to see and do!

[YOUTUBE]txO8VK4LaLQ[/YOUTUBE]

You've visited a few times now Trina - no fave hotel?

YWCA remains hands-down the best 'rack rate' hotel in downtown. Bidding sites remain best value for fancier joints (4* plus in downtown or West End cannot possibly put you in a bad hotel or bad area). As a repeat visitor I'd also tolerate being out of town on a Skytrain line for economy.

As well as YVR hotels consider Metrotown area on Expo/Millennium lines if you're not bringing a big bag (no luggage space on those lines) plus the North Shore hotels near Seabus like Pinnacle at the Pier or Lonsdale Quay hotel which are usually a good chunk of change less than equivalent downtown Vancouver hotels.

Edited by martincath

Vancouver's downtown is quite compact so all of the downtown hotels are pretty much within a mile of Canada Place. However, here is a list of many 3*+ hotels that are within 6 to 8 blocks of Canada Place:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Pinnacle Hotel-Harbourfront (not to be confused with the Marriott Pinnacle across the street)

Hyatt Regency

The Shangri-la

Fairmont Vancouver Hotel

Auberge

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

The Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

I have not included in the list the Blue Horizon which is very popular amongst cruisers or the Best Western - Downtown as both are about a mile or more from Canada Place. I am hesitant to include older hotels that have had a re-do as there infrastructure can be iffy.

The real challenge is to get a hotel in the downtown under $200/night but with a little work it can be done by watching on line sites such as Hotwire.

• 2 weeks later...
Another vote for Blue Horizon. We booked a high floor and truly loved it. I highly recommend it.

DITTO! Used this hotel for our pre-cruise stay last month.

Blue Horizon is very affordable in comparison to many of the downtown hotels. Rooms are large, (although the bathrooms are on the small side) very clean with comfy beds. Try for an upper floor and you could end up with an amazing view, too!

hi,

Looking for Pre cruise hotel for a stay before a Cruise leaving out of vancouver.

thanks for any help.

So many different ideas, choices, Prices! thanks for all the assistance.

From the list... I like Blue Horizon, Sutton and Shagrila.... mainly for the Robson restaurants, shopping and signature liquor store. However, do not stay at Robson hotels on August 2, 2016.... it's total grid lock during the parade!

Amazing savings staying a few blocks away from the cruise terminal.

You are smart to stay a few days in Vancouver... lots to see and do!

txO8VK4LaLQ

Just thought I'd let you know that when you click on the video that you apparently uploaded with your message, the message comes up that "This video is private." and nothing shows.

Tom