HAL transfers...Amsterdam to Rotterdam

pbnjrockette

7 hours ago, BeadyEl said:

The question is: can I get a transfer from the Marriott to the pier from HAL?   Has anyone ever done that transfer?   Naturally, I can call HAL and wait in the phone queue to ask about this - but thought I would ask here first.   I feel like phone reps may push hard to get me to book an expensive room via them.

Just ask the hotel to call you an Accessible Taxi.  Probably cost about €30 from hotel to terminal.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2015 at 10:56 AM, pbnjrockette said:

We've never used "HAL transfers" so am wondering what this entails.. We will arrive at Schiphol airport...transfers to Rotterdam. If we fly in early for a few days stay in Amsterdam how do the transfers to Rotterdam cruise terminal work? Are they for taxi or bus or specific HAL transportation? We may also stay an extra day in Rotterdam after the cruise. Thanks for information.

In July 2023 price of my HAL transfer from airport to ship is $39pp

On 2/2/2023 at 4:53 AM, BeadyEl said:

This thread is pretty old, but covers exactly what I need....  hope someone sees this.

My wife and I are flying into Amsterdam a day before our scheduled HAL cruise in June - to leave some cushion time in case of flight issues.   I have yet to book transfers or a hotel for that first night. 

Plot twist:  my wife has MS and uses a wheelchair - so transportation etc. needs to factor that in. 

From what I am reading, the hotel prices you can get through HAL are pretty exorbitant - true?   I actually have enough Amex points to book a room "free" at any of several hotels in Rotterdam or Amsterdam, so I am inclined to go that route.

Here's what I am considering: book a room at the Marriott Rotterdam, which is right next to the Rotterdam Central (spell correct won't let me use the Dutch spelling) rail station.   We'll take the train from Schiphol to Rotterdam Central and just walk over to the hotel.   This should be feasible if we arrange (in advance) for wheelchair assistance at both rail stations.

https://wheelchairtravel.org/amsterdam/public-transportation/

The question is: can I get a transfer from the Marriott to the pier from HAL?   Has anyone ever done that transfer?   Naturally, I can call HAL and wait in the phone queue to ask about this - but thought I would ask here first.   I feel like phone reps may push hard to get me to book an expensive room via them.

Just looked for the price of a taxi from Marriott to Cruise Terminal Rotterdam on June 11th.... € 40 (wheelchair if foldable in the boot) a 6 minutes drive.

But you mention walking from the Centraal Station Rotterdam to the hotel. If that is possible, it must also be possible IMO to walk next morning from the hotel to the Metro station next to Centraal Station and go with the Metro to the Terminal? See www.9292.nl (choose uour language) for public transportation in our country and choose the addresses of hotel and Terminal (and method of transportation with the wheelchair!). Result for the Metro on a Sunday (June 11th not available yet) departure Marriott to Metro Centraal Station for a 7 minutes walk, go to "Perron 2" and take Metro E direction Slinge (or perron 3 Metro D direction De Akkers),  Leave metro after 6 minutes (3 stops) at station Wilhelminaplein and walk 10 minutes to the Cruise Terminal entrance. The price will be a few € per person and can since a few weeks easily be paid with a debet or credit card upon entrance of the Metro station. How does it work: SeeOVpay | Check in en uit met je betaalpas of creditcard and choose the english flag on top left. Donot forget to check-out. Enjoy your stay in Rotterdam and your cruise! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MAVIP said:

...it must also be possible IMO to walk next morning from the hotel to the Metro station next to Centraal Station and go with the Metro to the Terminal?...

That looks perfect!   Thanks very much for this suggestion, I will look into it for sure. 

• Thanks 1

From Amsterdam central take the tram to the cruise dock. Very easy, we did this with ours on in a wheelchair last time we were im Amsterdam. We took the tram from the cruise dock ro Amsterdam central than another tram to a location where they had wheelchair accessble access canal tours. Strolled over to visit the Rijk something museum then a tram back to the Dam square (google it) for some lunch/sightseeing/shopping, then a tram back to Amsterdam central, transfer to another tram to the cruise dock. Get a day pass for the trams.

• Like 1