Chef's Table ????

Beach710

A couple of questions about the Chef's Table.

I will be on the Valor if that matters.

Is it possible to reserve once you're on the ship or is it usually too late.

Do you normally sit across from your partner or beside?

TIA

You can sign up prior to, but it's not too late when you board. You will find a display and sign ups at embarkation. We have done it 3 times on different ships/different menus and love Chef's Table. Each time we were seated side by each, as I like to call it, rather than across from each other as it should be. :) It doesn't really matter to me though. We have always thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Seating side by side or across from one another at the Chef's Table varies from ship to ship.

For example;

On the Breeze my wife & I sat next to each other.

On the Splendor we sat across from one another.

We made reservations through the steakhouse via email in case they were booked solid at the time of our sailing. However you can make reservations once onboard, it's just not guaranteed as it would be if you were to make reservations in advance.

:)

Can someone please refresh my memory - did chef's table many years ago - but I recall because this started out in the galley 'closed toe' shoes were required - can someone confirm this? or has it changed? thx :)

They do ask you to wear closed shoes so no pink flip flops LOL

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums - View Single Post - Got a seat at the Chef's'so Table! Questions!

A couple of questions about the Chef's Table.

I will be on the Valor if that matters.

Is it possible to reserve once you're on the ship or is it usually too late. Advisable to reserve ahead of time. Space is limited.

Do you normally sit across from your partner or beside? First time (2013) we were across from each other...next time (a month ago) we were next to each other.

TIA

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

Even if you reserve ahead of time, you do not have to pay ahead of time, and it is possible to cancel without penalty (though you should do so as soon as you change your mind.)

On Triumph a few years ago we sat across from each other. They actually had a few women go and change shoes for closed toe shoes. They said in the kitchen it is not only a sanitary measure, but a safety one.

Why not request to sit as you wish, you are the customer. They are not your boss. We prefer to sit across, it's easier to converse and i can look at her lovely eyes.

Just make the request ahead of time, so they can assign seating accordingly. There are seating cards, and it would be a little awkward to need to switch around with your fellow diners after others have already gotten seated.

DH and I did the Chef's Table on the Legend a couple of years ago and loved it. I did make reservations before the cruise. We sat next to each other. On that ship, the table was very wide, so it would have been almost impossible to talk to one another if he had been across from me. We highly recommend the Chef's Table!!

We sailed on the Carnival Sensation last year and one of our waiters at the Chef's Table was now a waiter on the Sensation. We were having lunch in the Lido buffet upon embarkation and a waiter came to clear our stuff. He looked at us and we looked at him, trying to recall how we knew each other. Then we all said Chef's Table at once. It was fun to see him again.

DH and I did Chef's table on the Pride. Sat side by side, table was set up in the dance club on the dance floor. Very nice, it would have been difficult to talk if we were across from each other. It really was a unique experience and we are glad we did it. Enjoy! :D