Question about classic dynamic dining on Anthem

Fred C

I am considering doing classic dynamic dining on the Anthem, but don't want to miss any shows. Am I better off just doing regular dynamic dining to accommodate the show times?

Can I find out what time the shows are scheduled for BEFORE I make my decision? Thanks

I am considering doing classic dynamic dining on the Anthem, but don't want to miss any shows. Am I better off just doing regular dynamic dining to accommodate the show times?

Can I find out what time the shows are scheduled for BEFORE I make my decision? Thanks

What you can do is book classic and on your online cruise planner, book the shows and see if any clash. The shows are shown during the day on sea days and these normally book up first. This all depends on when you are sailing (which you haven't mentioned) and the time scales for pre booking.

If there is a clash i.e. Dinner normal takes 2 hours and you only have 1 1/5 hours for dinner before a show, just mention this to your waiter and they will rush your orders through and speed up service, or you could just miss out Desert and the after dinner coffee and leave earlier for the show.

Most evening shows are around 9pm, so early Classic DD is a better choice to avoid clashes.

I have a similar question. We're booked for DD Classic 1 (the earlier seating.) My booking confirmation doesn't list exactly what time DD Classic 1 is for my sailing. What time should we aim to book shows for? When will booking open? This is for Anthem of the Seas in April, 2016.

I have a similar question. We're booked for DD Classic 1 (the earlier seating.) My booking confirmation doesn't list exactly what time DD Classic 1 is for my sailing.

6:30pm is Early seating. Should say on the cruise planner (online)

What time should we aim to book shows for?

9pm or during the day as you get a 2:30pm show on sea day.

When will booking open?

Booking for shows normal 90 days out

Booking for Dining normal 6 months out

Other booking normal anything between 60 - 45 days out.

We're booked on Anthem 6/16/16 - We show we're booked:

Dynamic()

so I called and asked specifically for dynamic classic. She placed us on a waiting list - the cruise is 8 months out!

We'd prefer dynamic classic as we always enjoy sitting with the same people and meeting them.

UPDATE: Just checked the booking - we are now in Dynamic (classic 1)!

Edited by johnjen

We're booked on Anthem 6/16/16 - We show we're booked:

Dynamic()

so I called and asked specifically for dynamic classic. She placed us on a waiting list - the cruise is 8 months out!

We'd prefer dynamic classic as we always enjoy sitting with the same people and meeting them.

UPDATE: Just checked the booking - we are now in Dynamic (classic 1)!

Woo hoo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are booked on the March 27th, 2016 12N cruise and wondered the same.

We contacted Crown & Anchor and they directed us to previous schedules for lengths similar to ours on Anthem to date. Based on that, we (there are 13 total in our cruise group; but we did not book all dining together) booked our DD and specialty restaurants for the entire cruise. Note, on our Quantum cruise, we changed almost half of our times reserved with earlier times with no exceptions.

Here is the link we got for 12+ night cruise showtimes. I would think that such is available for other 7 or X nights.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtime_anthem.pdf

Yikes, got to update our Anthem sailing date.

:eek:

6:30pm is Early seating. Should say on the cruise planner (online)

9pm or during the day as you get a 2:30pm show on sea day.

Booking for shows normal 90 days out

Booking for Dining normal 6 months out

Other booking normal anything between 60 - 45 days out.

I was told early seating is at 5:30 is that incorrect?

I was told early seating is at 5:30 is that incorrect?

Originally, my invoice for the August , '16 cruise, showed 5:30PM, but my cruise profile on the website has assigned us to a more conducive 6PM

DD classic. Much better than the booking frustration on the Feb. Quantum sail.

Now, just waiting for the entertainment to open up and I'll all set.

A good tip I found in our roll call section~~see underlined section on how to see your show times.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992752&highlight=show+times&page=3

Just a quick observation: The Show Reservations are now open for our sailing date. Try and book as soon as possible, as many times fill up early. RCCL has made it a little tricky to find the whole list of showtimes. Go to Cruise Planner in your reservation and click on "Dining". No dining options are available as yet, but scroll down to the bottom and there will be a line regarding other information and it has "Entertainment Showtimes". Click and a new page pops up. I highlighted the information and pasted and printed with my word processor. This helps with the planning for the week to see the entire schedule. The PDF format is an old show schedule. Don't use this.