We have early seating but our friends are Select. HELP!

M&Dcruisers

We booked a B2B cruise and are confirmed for traditional early dining. Our friends have just booked the same cruises and could only get Select dining. We just called Celebrity and they linked our reservations together for dining. They say if our friends reserve a 6pm dining time in Select, they can sit with us in Main dining. Huh? I don't see how this can work. On all of our cruises the Select people are seated on the upper level, while the traditional dining is on the lower level of the dining room.

Can anyone help? All I want to do is sit with our friends. Do I have to switch to Select dining? If I do, can we get a table for four easily?

I agree. Seating in the MDR is reserved seating for those that chose either early or late dining and I highly doubt you would be able to go there for dinner at 6pm each evening with select dining unless you made special arrangement with the Maître'd, and you would only be able to do that after you board if at all. I think one of you will have to make the switch.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by fninsn
typo

while this is easily handled on board in 99% of all cases, to put yourself at ease, I recommend you change yourself to Select since thats what's left.

You will have to pre-pay your gratuities though as required with Select dining.

If you prefer traditional, i'd keep it and see if friends can switch in once on board...if not you should be able to get select then...,

The whole dining schedule is very fluid compared to the past. Happy we'll be in BLU...

We booked a B2B cruise and are confirmed for traditional early dining. Our friends have just booked the same cruises and could only get Select dining. We just called Celebrity and they linked our reservations together for dining. They say if our friends reserve a 6pm dining time in Select, they can sit with us in Main dining. Huh? I don't see how this can work. On all of our cruises the Select people are seated on the upper level, while the traditional dining is on the lower level of the dining room.

Can anyone help? All I want to do is sit with our friends. Do I have to switch to Select dining? If I do, can we get a table for four easily?

When is your Transatlantic - Oct/Nov or Apr/May? In my case, three couples booked a cruise in August for a January sail. The final couple just cleared for early dining a couple of weeks ago, so all six will be seated together in January.

So have yours friends "waitlist" for early seating and hope that they clear before your sailing. It will help that you are linked and have early dining. If they do not clear for early dining, go to the maître'd in the dining room as soon as you board and ask to have them moved to early dining. If that is not available, as a last resort, you can both switch to "Select" and then set up each night's dinner reservation time.

Good luck!!

We have gone to Murano the first night the last 2 cruises, and book late traditional.

Second morning after the Meet n Mingle we went and swithched from an 8 top to a 4 top with another couple from the Roll Call.

3rd evening 12 of us went to Silk.

The next morning the ladies went back and switched from the 4 top to a 6 so another couple could join in.

All done with no problem nor glitches.