UBER is back in Ft Lauderdale

royalcruz

Could someone with an Uber account check the cost of a ride (for 2) from FLL to the Intercontinental in Miami? You can't get a quote without an account and you can't get an account without a credit card number. Seems like a lot of info to give them when I might not ever use them.

Thanks! [emoji4]

Edited by GreytRacer

Thank you!

I've never used über. How safe would my DH and I feel using it from FLL to downtown Miami at 10pm on Halloween night?

I can't say how safe YOU would feel. I would have no problem with it, however. You will see a picture of the driver on your phone before you arrive, and the ride is recorded real time. No cash is required. Personally, I feel as safe with Uber as I do in a taxi, and find the experience more pleasant. Some argue that taxis are safer.

Can you specify that you want Uber X? When is non peak and when is peak?

yes to "level"...on the app the bottom of screen has "uberx"....."uber XL"...and uberSelect"

we used it last year from MIA to downtown hotel...cost was $12.51...A taxi would have been $25!!

Ranchette - Uber is an app for smartphones. You can use my promo code to get up to $20 off your first ride. Anyone else can use this code too! (Disclaimer - once you've used my promo code I get $20 off my next Uber ride.) Of course, once you've become a Uber user, you too will receive a promo code you can give out to get discounted rides.

gl2it

Peak times on Uber are determined by the number of people wanting a ride at any particular time. If you find the fare too high, just take a taxi. Taxi rates do not change based upon demand.

Ranchette - Uber is an app for smartphones. You can use my promo code to get up to $20 off your first ride. Anyone else can use this code too! (Disclaimer - once you've used my promo code I get $20 off my next Uber ride.) Of course, once you've become a Uber user, you too will receive a promo code you can give out to get discounted rides.

gl2it

Peak times on Uber are determined by the number of people wanting a ride at any particular time. If you find the fare too high, just take a taxi. Taxi rates do not change based upon demand.

what is the promocode/?

gl2it

You have to come back and let us know how many people use your promo code! I wish I'd have thought about that! Tens of thousands read this forum and never post!

Is Miami following along with this? I would much rather take uber than a taxi from the airport!

Not sure if Miami can pick up or not from the airport. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Yes, they will. I did it last year. Be mindful of peak pricing, which is based on demand.

Interesting, this is different from my experience. I've used it in several cities and was not given the option to choose a driver. My experience is that I can see cars on the map, but not information for each. Once I submit the request, then it shows me which driver is assigned.

MY BAD! You are right!!!!

https://www.uber.com/cities/miami#

If you go here, you can get a fare estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get an estimate from FLL to Port Everglades. The site won't even recognize Ft. Lauderdale as a location and selecting Miami as the location seems to preclude using FLL as the trip origin.

I may be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get an estimate from FLL to Port Everglades. The site won't even recognize Ft. Lauderdale as a location and selecting Miami as the location seems to preclude using FLL as the trip origin.

Fort Lauderdale is considered part of the Miami service area. I just typed FLL in the starting point and Port Everglades in the destination, and received quotes of $13-16 for UberX and $20-25 for UberXL.

Fort Lauderdale is considered part of the Miami service area. I just typed FLL in the starting point and Port Everglades in the destination, and received quotes of $13-16 for UberX and $20-25 for UberXL.

Thanks for the info. It won't let me type in a destination (maybe because I'm not signed in?), but you've provided the info I was looking for. Appreciate it.

Here is a good video that explains how to use uber. A couple of notes:

- Make sure the pin is where you are. It will be close based on the GPS of your phone, but before you make the request, look at the map, is it exactly where you are? An example would be like telling someone you are out front of Yankee Stadium instead of saying you are next to the 3rd gate on x street. This is important for airports, if you tell the app "JFK airport" it might pick the front entrance instead of the exact door and loop.

- Pay attention to your phone. If the driver can't find you they will be calling and you want to answer.

- Recommend adding your photo to your profile so it is easier for them to spot you.

- Everyone takes the uber reviews very seriously so be sure to review the driver and don't give them a bad review unless it is justified.

- Here is another promo code, make sure you enter it BEFORE your first ride like the video shows: 24uff

I started using uber last year and it is addicting, especially for travel away from your home city. Don't feel like walking a block or need to go a LONG way? Get an uber! They know how far you are going and if they weren't willing to go the short distance or long, they wouldn't accept the request!

Edited by Jeeden

I started using uber last year and it is addicting, especially for travel away from your home city. Don't feel like walking a block or need to go a LONG way? Get an uber! They know how far you are going and if they weren't willing to go the short distance or long, they wouldn't accept the request!

I don't think that is true. (at least when I asked our last driver he said no).

They have no idea how far you are going to go...The driver told me that if they knew then they could pick the "better" fares, and ignore the ones they didn't like and that the users would be impacted (e.g. if they knew you were only going a short distance, no driver might pick the fare)