Upgrade possibility?

Hello all

I am doing my first cruise with Carnival Spirit the 9th of December from Sydney. We got and extremely good deal in my opinion, and as we we purchased on an impulse we just got the inside guarantee category.

Now i am thinking, that while i am probably happy in an inside. I would not mind a nicer room. Maybe oceanview or perhaps balcony.

Is it likely that if contact the company closer to sailing date that they can offer me upgrades at discounted rates if there are available rooms in higher categories?

If not, when do usually Carnival release room numbers for the guarantee categories and where do you find out about it?

Thank you for any help! :)

Hello all

I am doing my first cruise with Carnival Spirit the 9th of December from Sydney. We got and extremely good deal in my opinion, and as we we purchased on an impulse we just got the inside guarantee category.

Now i am thinking, that while i am probably happy in an inside. I would not mind a nicer room. Maybe oceanview or perhaps balcony.

Is it likely that if contact the company closer to sailing date that they can offer me upgrades at discounted rates if there are available rooms in higher categories?

If not, when do usually Carnival release room numbers for the guarantee categories and where do you find out about it?

Thank you for any help! :)

Re the upgrade it can't hurt to ask.

It's hard to know when you will be allocated your stateroom. I have been checking my daughters booking regularly but still no allocation. Booked 6 weeks ago, for a January carnival cruise. Allocation may not happen till the day of the cruise but most likely will be allocated anytime from the day of booking to a week prior.

Log in to the carnival website, going through online checkin, it will have your booking summary, if a cabin is allocated it will be documented here.

We sailed on Carnival Spirit in July booked inside guarantee and were allocated our cabins about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing. Both our friends and us got inside cabins, one right at the front and other close to the back! Sailed on her 3 times and enjoyed all cruises on her.

I tried to upgrade on our last cruise but no luck. They try to sail full hence some super last minute deals can be found.

Book the type of cabin you want and who knows you maybe upgraded to the category above.