Time change onboard

We will be on Oasis when daylight saving time starts... Does anyone know if they will have the time change that night or the beginning of the cruise, etc? We were on Indy one year and they changed the time the second night which was interesting.

Normally daylight saving starts at midnight or early hours of morning

Work out when cruise begins, before or after midnight

Daylight savings time ALWAYS officially begins at 2AM on a Sunday. The ship might do the change on any day.

Edited by SeaUs

They will change times at 2:00 am on the day of change. That is also how they handle time zone changes as well on Great Lakes/Canada/New England cruises. With ocean crossings the time changes coincide with the progression of the ship's position

When crossing the International Date Line, westbound you lose a day and eastbound gain a day. I went through the Domain of the Golden Dragon initiation when I crossed the line in '72. It was a time-honored, memorable experience.

We will be on Oasis when daylight saving time starts... Does anyone know if they will have the time change that night or the beginning of the cruise, etc? We were on Indy one year and they changed the time the second night which was interesting.

I'll be aboard with you. I guess it will be 6am when we get to Nassau, as if 7am wasn't early enough. As usual, I'm sure there will be something in the compass about staying on ship time versus local time, and I would guess that they'll make the one-hour adjustment to ship time at or close to 2am on Sunday the 1st, but we'll see...

I'll be aboard with you. I guess it will be 6am when we get to Nassau, as if 7am wasn't early enough. As usual, I'm sure there will be something in the compass about staying on ship time versus local time, and I would guess that they'll make the one-hour adjustment to ship time at or close to 2am on Sunday the 1st, but we'll see...

Exactly... I feel like Nassau is almost a wasted port. Some people may be up and off the ship that early, but most will only have a few hours to enjoy. We always stay on the ship there anyway since we have been many times. Now let's hope my child doesn't wake up an hour earlier! Lol!

wouldn't be a bit surprised if the time change was on a different night during the cruise.

We have been onboard several times during both the Spring and Fall changes - I can tell you from experience that it is completely up to the Captain on your particular cruise. Please don't let it concern you, though, because there is no way to know what will happen in advance.

Have fun. :)