Explorer and Voyager in Sydney 28/11

We are also on the Voyager for this cruise. To add to the sail away times, we were notified the other day that the ship will be leaving earlier then the originally planned 6pm.

I also have free internet for the entire cruise so I will be posting some pictures from the crossing whether it be within the harbour or outside the heads.

Excellent, I look forward to it.:D

I reckon you are right!!

Although I perhaps they were referring to the largest ships, as in size, but P&O will definately have the most!

It will be a busy week next week for Sydney harbour.

Chez

Agreed, both events will be record breakers. Fortunately, I am on the Aria, but that means I will miss the second event.:D

Current voyage...returning to meet Explorer in the harbour :D

Date: Wed 18/11/15 Port: Sydney / Australia Depart: 18:30

Date: Thu 19/11/15 Port: At Sea

Date: Fri 20/11/15 Port: At Sea

Date: Sat 21/11/15 Port: At Sea

Date: Sun 22/11/15 Port: Port Vila (Vanuatu) / South Seas Arrive: 08:00 Depart: 17:00

Date: Mon 23/11/15 Port: Mystery Island (Inyeug), Vanuatu* / South Seas Arrive: 08:00 Depart: 17:00

Date: Tue 24/11/15 Port: Île des Pins* / South Seas Arrive: 08:00 Depart: 17:00

Date: Wed 25/11/15 Port: Nouméa (New Caledonia) / South Seas Arrive: 08:00 Depart: 17:00

Date: Thu 26/11/15 Port: At Sea

Date: Fri 27/11/15 Port: At Sea

Date: Sat 28/11/15 Port: Sydney / Australia Arrive: 06:30

Explorer's on her way back for the rendezvous!!

Current position of M/S Explorer of the Seas: Under way from Wellington to Sydney

Departure was 4 hrs 7 min ago. (at 17:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 3 d 23 min. (at 19:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Wellington: 62.27 nm (115.33 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 1,180.69 nm (2,186.63 km)

Traveled distance since Fremantle (Perth): 3,919.70 nm (7,259.29 km)

Speed: 18.0 kn (33.3 km/h)

Course: 319°

And Voyager too :)

Current position of M/S Voyager of the Seas: Under way from Nouméa (New Caledonia) to Sydney

Departure was 2 hrs 12 min ago. (at 17:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 2 d 11 hrs 18 min. (at 06:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Nouméa (New Caledonia): 32.90 nm (60.93 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 1,033.72 nm (1,914.45 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 1,866.39 nm (3,456.56 km)

Speed: 18.8 kn (34.8 km/h)

Course: 227°

Current position of M/S Explorer of the Seas: Under way from Wellington to Sydney

Departure was 1 d 9 hrs 42 min ago. (at 17:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 1 d 18 hrs 48 min. (at 19:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Wellington: 547.04 nm (1,013.11 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 695.92 nm (1,288.85 km)

Traveled distance since Fremantle (Perth): 4,404.47 nm (8,157.08 km)

Course: 283°

Current position of M/S Voyager of the Seas: Under way from Nouméa (New Caledonia) to Sydney

Departure was 1 d 7 hrs 45 min ago. (at 17:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 1 d 5 hrs 45 min. (at 06:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Nouméa (New Caledonia): 550.87 nm (1,020.21 km)

Remaining distance to Sydney: 515.75 nm (955.17 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 2,384.36 nm (4,415.84 km)

Speed: 18.4 kn (34.1 km/h)

Dennis and Annalise have advised Explorer coming in early. I suppose they will need to tender the sick person off as Voyager is docked at the OPT...

"Hey everyone. Just thought I would let you guys know that the ship is coming into Sydney early due to a medical emergency. Captain has just announced we will be coming into the Harbour at 1.00pm. Just in case some of you were thinking of visiting."

DENICE and Annalise have advised Explorer coming in early. I suppose they will need to tender the sick person off as Voyager is docked at the OPT...

"Hey everyone. Just thought I would let you guys know that the ship is coming into Sydney early due to a medical emergency. Captain has just announced we will be coming into the Harbour at 1.00pm. Just in case some of you were thinking of visiting."

Sorry typo on the name. Apologies

Thanks Hazy for passing that on & to original passengers letting us know. Just checked up & Explorer is just off heads now and looks as if the pilot has just arrived.

Not sure what they will do, as, you say Voyager is at OPT. Guess they will moor at one of the buoys, evacuate the passenger & then still cross with Voyager later this evening.

Hope it works out well for the emergency.

Just watched this from the Opera House. Voyager had muster at 4.30pm (while I was having a chardy opposite at the Oyster Bar). Meanwhile Explorer was moored off Fort Denison.

At 6pm the water tug started it's magic near Fort Denison (in front if the Explorer) and Voyager started it's departure manoeuvres from OPT. The water tug was doing a nice show as the Voyager headed towards the Explorer. They passed each other at Fort Denison. Nice view from the Opera House. Even better view would have been on the Manly ferry which was waiting off Fort Denison for Voyager to finish her manoeuvres before it headed to Circular Quay. The ferry was in prime position for all the action.

Once Voyager passed Explorer, Explorer headed into OPT.

Have to say P & O had the better weather midweek. Overcast on the harbour this afternoon. But still nice to watch and took photos for my friends who are currently on Voyager.

Just watched this from the Opera House. Voyager had muster at 4.30pm (while I was having a chardy opposite at the Oyster Bar). Meanwhile Explorer was moored off Fort Denison.

At 6pm the water tug started it's magic near Fort Denison (in front if the Explorer) and Voyager started it's departure manoeuvres from OPT. The water tug was doing a nice show as the Voyager headed towards the Explorer. They passed each other at Fort Denison. Nice view from the Opera House. Even better view would have been on the Manly ferry which was waiting off Fort Denison for Voyager to finish her manoeuvres before it headed to Circular Quay. The ferry was in prime position for all the action.

Once Voyager passed Explorer, Explorer headed into OPT.

Have to say P & O had the better weather midweek. Overcast on the harbour this afternoon. But still nice to watch and took photos for my friends who are currently on Voyager.

Cool thanks for your first hand account!! :D