Indy B2B ~ Sept. 20th & 27th ~ My Diary

maxs mom

Saturday ~ October 3, 2015 ~ At Sea

Well.....this is it.....last day! Always sad.

Coffee with Raj.....breakfast as usual.

People were doing their last minute shopping.

DSC08975_zpsib5pmwcs.jpg

DSC08976_zpsduw2lnsk.jpg

We got our suitcases out.......Booooo!!!!

DSC08980_zpsf7jhgosq.jpg

At 12:30 I went down to the MDR for lunch with officers. I met Eddie and Carol there. We sat with the Compliance Officer from Oregon. Again.....a very nice lunch.....lots of wine....the menu was different from last week and my chicken entrée was delicious.

DSC08977_zpsejigsle4.jpg

DSC08978_zpsoephuxyy.jpg

DSC08979_zpsdvvjh5dz.jpg

I skipped dessert and went with John to get some frozen yogurt cones. That's mine on the right.....John's on the left. I just shake my head when I watch people try to get their cones from the machine. No one knows how to do it right. We are experts!!

DSC08984_zpso9jreu57.jpg

Here we go......chugging back to Fort Lauderdale:

DSC08985_zpsiznemnci.jpg

Got the bulk of the packing done this afternoon and got some reading time in.

Had to say good-bye to everyone tonight. What a great two weeks. Loved seeing all these folks again. Hopefully we'll get back together before too long!!

DSC_0123_zpsdajbbx5n.jpg

DSC_0124_zpspzbelm7j.jpg

DSC_0129_zpsuni8ra1a.jpg

DSC_0130_zpsxpdt94qh.jpg

Enjoyed one last dinner in the dining room. I had my favorite pasta dish one more time and we split a warm chocolate cake.

DSC_0133_zpsejrlqdgd.jpg

DSC08987_zps1gvdyyc4.jpg

One last bridge picture:

DSC_0134_zpsrkwwcq8w.jpg

Got our luggage out in the hallway after dinner......then got most everything else lined up for packing. Then we turned in. Set the wake up call for 5:30!!

Great review. We have been on Freedom once and Liberty many times but never Indy so really looking forward to our 4 night cruise in Feb. We always go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel and love it.

Glad you are having a great time!!!

Thanks!! We went to Paradise Beach years ago. I believe it has been upgrade significantly since then. Our friends love to go there. We just have a hard time giving up Nachi.

Hope you enjoy Indy!

Thanks!! We went to Paradise Beach years ago. I believe it has been upgrade significantly since then. Our friends love to go there. We just have a hard time giving up Nachi.

Hope you enjoy Indy!

I am sure we will! we love paradise. The beach is gorgeous, very inexpensive to go there, and one of the most beautiful pools I have ever seen. Grounds are so pretty. We don't want an all inclusive, we pay $6 for 2 chairs/umbrella and we probably spend max $50 there so it is perfect for us.

Sunday ~ October 4, 2015 ~ Fort Lauderdale

Up at 5:30. We had breakfast in the WJ this morning just so it would be faster. We were able to build a pretty good breakfast. They had eggs to order. It's just a hassle to me to run around and try to get everything you want. Give me the MDR any day!! It took us a while to figure all the ins and outs of breakfast in the WJ.

Raj wanted to take us off the ship personally today, so we met him in the CL around 8. There were two other couples as well. Raj got us through and around all the crowds and right down to our luggage and customs very quickly. I think we made some people kind of mad!! Anyway......we were in a taxi by 8:15 and in our room at the Embassy Suites by 8:30 !!! Amazing!!

We rested up all day.....just relaxed and read......Went to a restaurant for lunch.....and to the Manager's Cocktail Reception in the evening. There we met up with several couples who were cruising on Celebrity the next day. It was fun talking to them.

Long day of flying the next day, but we made it back home in North Carolina by 8PM. Our neighbor picked up our dog, Holly, that afternoon, so she was in the house waiting on us when we got home. We were all very happy!

Well another great cruise in the books!!! Thanks for reading and commenting. I love hearing from everybody!

Just got my suitcases all packed again this afternoon as we leave very early in the morning for San Juan where we will meet the Jewel of the Seas as she comes back from Alaska and the West Coast. I feel like the Jewel is really my home away from home. Looking forward to getting on board on Sunday.

Will be back soon with more reports!!

Until then.....Cheers!!!

DSC08968_zpsa1k1n7i9.jpg

I am sure we will! we love paradise. The beach is gorgeous, very inexpensive to go there, and one of the most beautiful pools I have ever seen. Grounds are so pretty. We don't want an all inclusive, we pay $6 for 2 chairs/umbrella and we probably spend max $50 there so it is perfect for us.

We may have to give that try next time we are there!

Sunday ~ October 4' date=' 2015 ~ Fort Lauderdale[/u']

Up at 5:30. We had breakfast in the WJ this morning just so it would be faster. We were able to build a pretty good breakfast. They had eggs to order. It's just a hassle to me to run around and try to get everything you want. Give me the MDR any day!! It took us a while to figure all the ins and outs of breakfast in the WJ.

Raj wanted to take us off the ship personally today, so we met him in the CL around 8. There were two other couples as well. Raj got us through and around all the crowds and right down to our luggage and customs very quickly. I think we made some people kind of mad!! Anyway......we were in a taxi by 8:15 and in our room at the Embassy Suites by 8:30 !!! Amazing!!

We rested up all day.....just relaxed and read......Went to a restaurant for lunch.....and to the Manager's Cocktail Reception in the evening. There we met up with several couples who were cruising on Celebrity the next day. It was fun talking to them.

Long day of flying the next day, but we made it back home in North Carolina by 8PM. Our neighbor picked up our dog, Holly, that afternoon, so she was in the house waiting on us when we got home. We were all very happy!

Well another great cruise in the books!!! Thanks for reading and commenting. I love hearing from everybody!

Just got my suitcases all packed again this afternoon as we leave very early in the morning for San Juan where we will meet the Jewel of the Seas as she comes back from Alaska and the West Coast. I feel like the Jewel is really my home away from home. Looking forward to getting on board on Sunday.

Will be back soon with more reports!!

Until then.....Cheers!!!

DSC08968_zpsa1k1n7i9.jpg

Jane -- thanks for another great review. Looking forward to your Facebook posts for your JW BTB and then your review. Have another great cruise.

Hope you enjoy Indy!

Loved your review! We are cruising for the first time on the Indy in March with our two boys, ages 6 and 9. Which beach excursion would you recommend in Cozumel (and/or Costa Maya)? We are a little nervous about eating any food off the ship as both boys have severe nut allergies. Would love to hear any tips/recommendations you may have:)

Just wondering, since it seems like you had a lot of interaction with the Concierge, how much does someone tip them. Would it be much less if one had very little interaction with the Concierge?

We tip a minimum and then increase the amount based on how much service the concierge renders to us.

That was the fastest two weeks ever! Always enjoy your writeups and photos, especially the elevator grab shots.

I don't think you had the Florida retirement communities on the Indy this year but then this was October, not December like last year.

Ugh!!! Thanks for reminding me. We are crusing in early December again and I just bet we have that problem! That happened to us a couple of years ago.......I never ran into so many nasty people in my life! Thank goodness we will be with others then.

Loved your review! We are cruising for the first time on the Indy in March with our two boys, ages 6 and 9. Which beach excursion would you recommend in Cozumel (and/or Costa Maya)? We are a little nervous about eating any food off the ship as both boys have severe nut allergies. Would love to hear any tips/recommendations you may have:)

If I were you, I believe I would get a taxi to Paradise Beach. Great for kids there. There is a nice pool. Good food and drinks. I'm sure there would be something there the kids could eat. Reasonable prices, too. Hope this helps.

Just wondering, since it seems like you had a lot of interaction with the Concierge, how much does someone tip them. Would it be much less if one had very little interaction with the Concierge?

Just like Bob said. We start at a minimum amount and then increase it depending on what the Concierge does for us. We are not very needy and rarely need much assistance from the Concierge, but somehow we usually form some really good friendships with him/her and take that into consideration, too.