Question about HMC cancellations

Pellaz

• 7 months later...

Looking at the 7-day Eastern on the Pride out of Baltimore, with calls in GT, HMC and Freeport. If the ship is unable to tender at HMC, does the day become another sea day or will you end up with two days in Freeport or a Nassau day if space permits?

If we can't make it to HMC, I wouldn't mind an extra sea day [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're 1 for 1 on HMC hopefully everyone gets to go at least once that wants to. I would book a cruise just for that port so would probably cry a little on the inside if it was cancelled. Yes I would get over it and enjoy the cruise but would definitely miss it. Then I'd have to book another one and try again lol

Think it was June when we went, the weather was perfect but we hit a storm the next evening which happened to be a sea day anyways. Think it's just random luck if you can tender in or not.

Looking at the 7-day Eastern on the Pride out of Baltimore, with calls in GT, HMC and Freeport. If the ship is unable to tender at HMC, does the day become another sea day or will you end up with two days in Freeport or a Nassau day if space permits?

Would take an extra sea day over two days at Freeport any day. Actually would take two sea days and lets skip Freeport.

Now an extra day at GT would be fine.:)

On one trip we did do an over night in Nassau, on all other missed ports to HMC we had a day at sea.

Edited by martinchem

We missed BOTH Grand Turk and HMC on our August Pride cruise. We were subbed with Nassau and Port Canaveral. We are trying again...

We missed BOTH Grand Turk and HMC on our August Pride cruise. We were subbed with Nassau and Port Canaveral. We are trying again...

Yikes those are the two best port HMC and GT they offer. Good luck with next try

We missed BOTH Grand Turk and HMC on our August Pride cruise.

That really does suck. The 7/2 cruise I'm going on this year goes to Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk. I specifically picked this itinerary because I figured that if we miss HMC, at least we still have Grand Turk. I would hate to miss both!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That really does suck. The 7/2 cruise I'm going on this year goes to Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk. I specifically picked this itinerary because I figured that if we miss HMC, at least we still have Grand Turk. I would hate to miss both!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Best of luck a cruise with Nassau as the highlight would leave a lot to be desired

Best of luck a cruise with Nassau as the highlight would leave a lot to be desired

Always Nassau & Freeport as default stops. Are they cheap? Do those cities have a special deal with the cruise lines because most people seem to hate those ports? Why no really nice alternative since HMC is missed so frequently? :confused:

They should really invest some dollars and build a pier at HMC to limit the number of times it is missed.

Dredging a channel and building a pier does damage to the rest of the beach area by changing the water currents and causing waves that changes the shore line.

Half Moon Cay has lovely sandy beaches and calm water.

For anyone who cruises Princess and has been to Princess Cay; Princess Cay is an excellent example of the destruction of a beautiful beach due to dredging a channel, building a pier, and creating a cove for the pier and docking tenders.

On our first visit to what would become Princess Cay (on a different cruise line who went bankrupt and whose assets were bought by P&O), the beaches were wide sandy expanses with the white sand very gently sloping down into the sandy bottom shallow water. We had to go over the side of the tenders and wade ashore.

Princess Cay no longer has the beautiful sandy beaches that gently slope into the water. Instead there are sea walls and exposed coral rock in the water.

Jetties that were built to control the damage caused by the channel and pier also add to the beach erosion by changing the water flow.

Of course, Carnival Corporation is doing it's best to destroy the beautiful island and beach atmosphere of Half Moon Cay by building cabanas and adding bars with blaring music, but that is another topic for a different thread.:cool: