Caribbean Princess Cabin Selection Assistance

bjtomko

Looking at booking a Nov 2016 cruise and the itinerary I want is on the Caribbean Princess. I have sailed this ship April 2014 in C243. I have always had the luxury of selecting a cabin with a larger than usual balcony which is something we really enjoy. Because I am late to the party booking this cruise, most of the cabins are booked. Might I ask for your assistance in helping me select a balcony? I am looking for the following in a room/balcony...deep in size and covered partially or completely.

My choices are:

A753 aft Owners Suite

E733 aft Vista suite

R411 Penthouse Suite

R417 Penthouse Suite

All mini-suites on Dolphin Deck are pretty much open

Anyway...don't care what type of cabin I have, just want the larger balcony and I have just searched for several hours and unable to find related threads that are helping.

Thanks in advance!

Have you looked at the Premium Balconies on Baha? We had B749 and the balcony was large and covered. Really liked it.

BTW, very sympathetic. The size of the balcony is one of our most critical factors in cabin selection. We will only book an owners suite on Regal/Royal due to the miniscule size of most of the balconies. And since we too prefer covered balconies, we only choose those on Dolphin.

Edited by RocketMan275

Bjtomko,

More information from you would help to provide best answers.

What is the departure date and length you’re looking at.

I see either 6-day, 8-day or combined 14-day trips in November 2016.

If you’re considering the 14-day trip (that’s also being sold as multiple shorter segments) it’s possible you’re not seeing all available cabins.

Princess will block segments of different cabin categories for different trip configurations and these may not appear as available to you if being looked at as a 14 day trip.

I suggest you look at each segment of 6 or 8 days (of the total 14-day trip) to truly see all available cabins.

If you find desired cabin is available on both of the smaller legs, but not displayed as available on the 14-day combination, you can simply discuss this with the Princess representative.

They may allow you to book that cabin at a combined 14-day trip cost. I have done this on several B2B trips in the past.

I tried to keep my explanation of this simple, I hope it makes sense.

I know...this is the deck we prefer and almost everything is gone. Very strange.

What date and for how long. I just checked and there are a lot of Caribe deck cabins left for the 14 day cruise with departures of November 13, 19 & 27.

Theo

If you want a larger balcony, stay away from the Riviera deck Penthouse suites. Although 18 feet wide, the balcony is only 5 feet deep [emoji33] The two lounge chairs barely fit side by side with no room for the small table between. In addition, they will probably block access to one of the two sliding doors. Also, is is a tight squeeze to get more than two people at the larger table on the balcony. In addition, there is an overhang from the Lido deck that extends almost four feet beyond the edge of the balcony. If you need to stay out of the sun that is a great feature but not the balcony if you wand some occasional sunshine.

Edited by IECalCruiser

We had an aft suite on the Ruby, E733 if memory serves me correctly. It was wonderful! I would book it again in a heartbeat if the price was right. The balcony was HUGE!

Are any of the aft balcony cabins available that are on the corners? They have large balconies too.

The balcony on E733 is great. There is a beam, but since the balcony is on the corner it does not reduce the enjoyment. The balcony on the Owners suite A 753 is huge and there are no obstructions. We had the cabin next door (A 751) Grand Cayman suite and actually thought that the balcony was too large because it took so much square footage off the cabin.

The Aft Vista Suite E 733 would definitely be much cheaper than the owners suite. Our favorite is actually C 751, but we were unable to get it this year and so we have booked E 733.

We only book suites and much prefer any of the aft suites to the suites on Riviera because of the balconies.

Love the breakfast at Sabatini's - already looking forward to my Mimosa each morning!