Explore 4 question

cabinluvn

Thinking about taking daughter and granddaughter on Alaskan cruise, getting a Neptune suite that would not be crowded with four people. What happens with the signature beverage package? Is it good for only two people or can the 3rd and 4th people in the room share it(they would not be drinking alcohol)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thinking about taking daughter and granddaughter on Alaskan cruise, getting a Neptune suite that would not be crowded with four people. What happens with the signature beverage package? Is it good for only two people or can the 3rd and 4th people in the room share it(they would not be drinking alcohol)?

The SBC is per person, and everyone in the cabin who is over 21 has to purchase. There is a "no sharing" policy, but people have been known to purchase bottles of water and cans of soda which they keep in their room fridge.

If one of the people in the cabin is over 21 but does not drink alcohol do they have to purchase? She does not drink soda either. If she has to purchase, how much do,they charge for the 3rd person?

I have been told by my HAL PCC that the third (and fourth) persons do not have to buy a signature beverage package IF the first two people get the beverage deal through Explore4.

I would check with HAL or your TA to verify however.

I have been told by my HAL PCC that the third (and fourth) persons do not have to buy a signature beverage package IF the first two people get the beverage deal through Explore4.

I would check with HAL or your TA to verify however.

Someone who was in Alaska earlier this season posted the same thing. I can't find the post though.

Booked a cruise with daughter and granddaughter. Decided to go two separate cabins, but was told that the beverage package is only mandatory for the two main people in the suite regardless of age of the other passengers

Booked a cruise with daughter and granddaughter. Decided to go two separate cabins, but was told that the beverage package is only mandatory for the two main people in the suite regardless of age of the other passengers

Wise decision to book two cabins. The 2 bathrooms with 4 people will work out much better IMHO.

Diane

Now I have another question regarding the beverage package that comes with the Explore 4. Since granddaughter is only 13 and does not drink soda pop, what kind of beverage is available and would be appealing to her?

Now I have another question regarding the beverage package that comes with the Explore 4. Since granddaughter is only 13 and does not drink soda pop, what kind of beverage is available and would be appealing to her?

She could get bottled water and juice. Juice is free in the Lido in the morning but there would be a charge for it if served in a bar/lounge and, sometimes, the MDR (it depends on where the dining stewards go to get the type of juice required). Iced tea is free in the Lido/MDR.

There may be more options but that's all I can think of. Hopefully, someone else will pipe in and provide additional info.

I think most of the frozen/pool drinks can be made without alcohol. She might like one of those once in a while.